Frank Hirsch served as co-moderator for the session, “In-House Benchmarking Think Tank on Compliance, Implementation and Solutions in the Current Environment,” during this conference sponsored by the American Conference Institute (ACI).
The sweeping changes put in place by Dodd-Frank are transforming the regulatory compliance risk management world as we know it. This session focused on real world ideas and experiences to address overall concerns in a time of uncertainty. The presentation included the newest compliance implementation trends and developments. The session explored the most difficult issues arising in the compliance world and how to be proactive and successful in the face of regulatory reform. The following topics were covered during the session.
- Proactive Compliance in a Time of Uncertainty
- What are the changes and how to comply
- How to manage compliance in an environment where there is extremely high volume regulation, risk and changes
- Sufficient internal staffing and training
- What resources should the staff be using
- Internal cooperation and cohesion
- What checks and balances can be done and are currently being done
- How to balance overwhelming people with paperwork v. getting full disclosure to comply with the regulations
- Guidance on Compliance Restructuring, Implementation and Solutions
- New implementation ideas
- Implementation after the regulations come through
- What’s the process for restructuring your compliance program in place now, and how do you continuously update your program to keep up with the changing regulations?
- Focusing on solutions and not speculation
- Setting up the project management
- Compliance tracking and risk assessment
May 5-6, 2011
Flatotel / New York, NY