Alston & Bird hosted the 2012 Health Care Forum on Wednesday, May 2, 9:00am - 4:30pm. Keynote speakers for the Forum were: Kim Brandt, the Chief Health Care Investigative Counsel for the U.S. Senate Finance Committee, Tim Renjilian, Senior Managing Director for FTI Consulting and Senator Blanche Lincoln, who served on the Senate Finance Committee. The keynote speakers shared their inside perspectives on Congress’s investigative and legislative priorities for health care in 2012. Our other speakers were subject-matter experts from our health care and litigation practice groups, who offered their insights on hot-button issues ranging from health care fraud enforcement to compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The following topics were covered during the program.
- Gazing Into the Crystal Ball: What Will Happen in Washington, D.C. in 2012?
- $4 Billion in Fraud Enforcement and Counting: What is Next for the Health Care Industry?
- Challenging the Government’s New Theories of Liability – Considerations in Defending and Settling Health Care Fraud Cases
- Compliance Programs, Self-Disclosures, and the 60-Day Overpayment Clock: Best Practices in the Age of Program Integrity Contractors
- A View From The Hill: What is Next On Congress’s Investigations Agenda?
- Hot Topics in Civil Healthcare Litigation, Privacy Enforcement, and Antitrust
- Responding to the Crisis: Securities Disclosures, the Media, and Internal Communications Compliance and Quality Under ACA
- Practical Steps To Prepare For The Supreme Court’s Decision: What if ACA Disappears?
To listen to a recording of the seminar, please click here.
May 2, 2012
9:00am - 4:30pm
Alston & Bird LLP / 1180 West Peachtree Street / Atlanta, GA 30309