Paula Stannard was a featured speaker during this webcast sponsored byThomsonReuters/West Legal Edcenter. Paula discussed the severability issue during the program.
The decision rendered by the U.S. Supreme Court over the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is one that will have profound implications for everyone, including health care providers, payors, employers and individual health care consumers. This program reviewed the key issues and arguments presented before the court and provided insight and analysis on what the decision may be based upon the arguments presented. The following topics were discussed during the session.
- The Issues Before the Supreme Court, including:
- The Anti-Injunction Act
- Individual Mandate
- Medicaid Expansion
- The Potential Outcomes, including, but not limited to:
- The Anti-Injunction Act applies
- The Supreme Court upholds the ACA in its entirety
- The Supreme Court finds the Individual Mandate unconstitutional and strikes the ACA in its entirety
- The Supreme Court strikes only the Individual Mandate
- Strikes the Individual Mandate and the insurance reforms explicitly associated with the Individual Mandate in the ACA
- Forecast and Analysis on implications of the Supreme Court’s decision
June 4, 2012