Alston & Bird hosted this seminar on Thursday, May 24th. Roy Vella, one of the world's leading experts in mobile financial services and former executive with Royal Bank of Scotland and PayPal, presented on new developments in mobile payments and the implications—promise, opportunity and disruption—for the payments industry. The following topics were covered during the program.
- Who will be the winners and losers in mobile payments (i.e. retailers, processors, financial institutions, card associations, telecom providers/network operators)?
- What technologies and solutions have been successfully implemented in emerging markets around the world?
- What are the key opportunities for processors and ISOs?
- Do mobile payments and mobile commerce represent the end of merchant acquiring as we know it?
- What developments are on the horizon for the United States and other markets?
May 24, 2012
Alston & Bird LLP / Atlanta, GA