Alston & Bird’s workplace environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. The firm has been and continues to be a leader in the area of diversity efforts.
- 2014 marks the 15th consecutive year that Alston & Bird is included on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For.” We are the only law firm to be recognized for this period of time, four years of which included a top 10 ranking. We continue to use this significant achievement as a tool to keep us on the leading edge of building and maintaining an open and positive work environment.
- Cari Dawson, a partner in the firm’s Litigation & Trial Practice and Products Liability Groups was honored at the annual John M. Langston Bar Association of Los Angeles Awards Gala in February 2012, for Corporate Counsel of the Year along with Christoper Reynolds, Toyota. Cari was featured in the Spring Edition of MultiCultural Law magazine’s “People on the Move” (2006); recognized as a “Georgia Rising Star” in Super Lawyer magazine (2005); and named as a “Georgia Super Lawyer” by Atlanta magazine (2004). She was also selected as one of the “Top 50 Up and Comers Under 40” by Atlanta Business Chronicle (2004) and one of the top 16 lawyers under 40 in the Fulton County Daily Report’s annual “On the Rise” issue (2003).
- Announced in January 2012 by InsideCounsel, Lawrie Demorest, partner in the firm’s Products Liability Group, will be honored at the 3rd Annual Transformative Leadership Award Gala in April with the Rainmaker Award, a recognition bestowed upon those who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the empowerment of women in (corporate) law.
- 2015 Vault Guide to Top 100 Law Firms, ranking: #10 – Overall Best Law Firms for Diversity; Quality of Life Rankings: #6 – Minorities Diversity, #10 – Women Diversity, #11 – LGBT Diversity
- 100% on The Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for nine consecutive years.
- Selected among Multicultural Law magazine’s 2012 Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity (38th overall); Top 25 Law Firms for African-Americans; Top 100 Law Firms for Women; Top 50 Law Firms for Associates.
- Winner of The Coca-Cola Company’s 2012 Living the Values Award.