Alston & Bird’s workplace environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. The firm has been and continues to be a leader in the area of diversity efforts.
- 2017 marks the 18th consecutive year that Alston & Bird is included on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For.” The firm ranked in the top 25 for ten consecutive years, four of which were in the top 10. We continue to use this significant achievement as a tool to keep us on the leading edge of building and maintaining an open and positive work environment.
- Cari Dawson, a partner in the firm’s Litigation & Trial Practice and Products Liability Groups was honored at the annual John M. Langston Bar Association of Los Angeles Awards Gala in February 2012, for Corporate Counsel of the Year along with Christopher Reynolds, Toyota.
- Announced in January 2012 by InsideCounsel, Lawrie Demorest, partner in the firm’s Products Liability Group, was honored at the 3rd Annual Transformative Leadership Award Gala in April with the Rainmaker Award, a recognition bestowed upon those who have demonstrated a commitment to advancing the empowerment of women in (corporate) law.
- 2016 Vault Guide to Top 100 Law Firms, ranking: #17 – Overall Best Law Firms for Diversity; Quality of Life Rankings: #16 – Minorities Diversity, #20 – Women Diversity, #23 – LGBT Diversity
- 100% on The Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for ten consecutive years.
- Selected among Multicultural Law magazine’s 2012 Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity (38th overall); Top 25 Law Firms for African-Americans; Top 100 Law Firms for Women; Top 50 Law Firms for Associates.
- Alston & Bird is ranked #75 out of 100 on FORTUNE'S "100 Best Workplaces for Women."
- Winner of The Coca-Cola Company’s 2012 Living the Values Award.
- Ted Kang, a partner in the firm's Litigation & Trial Practice Group, was named one of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association’s (NAPABA) “Best Lawyers Under 40.”
- Kevin Gooch, a partner in the firm's Finance Group, was recognized by the American Bar Association (ABA) as a recipient of it's inaugural "On the Rise - Top 40 Young Lawyers" award.