Alston & Bird’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is ongoing and management continually looks for ways to improve the environment, developmental opportunities for its attorneys and staff, and mandatory diversity education programs. The firm believes that education and understanding are keys to building relationships—and relationships are key to building success. The undertaking of having every member of the firm participate in the diversity education program is further evidence of the firm’s commitment to diversity.
- Since 2003, every attorney and staff member in our firm has attended the Foundational Diversity Training developed by Roosevelt Thomas Consulting & Training (RTCT), a leader in the field of diversity management training and education.
- In 2007 and 2008 the leadership of the firm participated in a second round of diversity education with RTCT, the Application sessions. The Application sessions utilize diversity management skills as tools to respond to real-life scenarios.
- In 2011, the Application sessions were implemented firm-wide with classes held at all our locations.
- Diversity education is conducted for human resources and legal recruiting personnel with a focus on the implications of diversity in the employment life cycle and in cross-cultural communications.
- Alston & Bird’s Diversity Program is an area of focus during all new hire orientation programs for attorneys and staff members.
- Additionally, a wide variety of forums, seminars and workshops are available to attorneys, staff and clients throughout the year.
Alston & Bird provides ongoing education and communication to its employees, clients and the community in an effort to promote and encourage diversity in our own ranks, in the legal profession and the community as a whole.