Clare Draper is a seasoned litigator and counselor with over 30 years of experience protecting clients' interests in labor and employment matters throughout the country. He has extensive experience defending wage and hour collective actions and DOL audits, as well as handling other complex litigation such as EEOC pattern and practice cases and private discrimination class actions. Mr. Draper is known for his practical approach to helping clients avoid litigation and solve problems through HR counseling, training, workforce reduction advice, compliance audits, negotiating and drafting employment agreements, restrictive covenants and separation agreements. In addition, he handles traditional labor matters, including union campaigns, negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, arbitrations and hearings. He is a nationally known expert in the field of government-mandated affirmative action plans and he is national affirmative action counsel for several companies, including the second-largest-private employer in the U.S. Mr. Draper is listed as a leading labor and employment lawyer in The Best Lawyers in America©, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business and Super Lawyers magazine.
- National affirmative counsel for the second largest employer in the United States.
- Lead counsel in the defense of an OFCCP audit in which the OFCCP's claim of $9 million in alleged affected class damages was defeated and ultimately withdrawn.
- Lead counsel in the successful decertification of a class in an FLSA collective action.
- Lead counsel in successfully preventing the certification of a 20,000-person class in an FLSA collective action.
- Lead counsel in coordinating numerous successful reductions in force, including a 5,000 employee reduction that resulted in no litigation or administrative claims.
- Lead counsel in the successful defense and trial of a Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower claim.
- Lead counsel in the enforcement of numerous noncompetition and other restrictive covenant agreements.
- Successfully defended a technology company in an employee raiding case.
- Implemented and conducted a comprehensive nationwide training program for hundreds of client's managers and human resources representatives covering harassment, EEO compliance, whistleblower issues and union avoidance.
- Conducted a whistleblower code of conduct investigation for a national financial services client.
- Conducted other numerous internal investigations, including the investigation of harassment and discrimination claims, reports of violations of codes of conduct and investigations of executive malfeasance.
Alston & Bird client Gränges AB has entered into an agreement with a subsidiary of Noranda Aluminum Holding Corporation under which it will serve as the “stalking horse” bidder for Noranda’s downstream aluminum rolling business in the United States.
June 16, 2016
Alston & Bird has earned wide recognition in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA, the peer review directory of leading U.S. business lawyers.
May 27, 2016
Eighty-two Alston & Bird attorneys have been named in the 2016 edition of “Georgia’s Top Rated Lawyers.”
March 8, 2016
Clare Draper is quoted on a proposal by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission that would require every big company to report salary data based on race, gender and ethnicity.
January 29, 2016
In the News
Alston & Bird client Pamlico Capital Management LP has acquired World 50 Inc., an invite-only peer-to-peer network and knowledge-exchange platform serving corporate executives, from Chicago Growth Partners LLC. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
December 14, 2015
One hundred and fifty-three Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. The lawyers span the firm’s eight U.S. offices and represent more than 60 practice areas.
August 17, 2015
A nearly decade-old regulation from the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) has not kept up with new technology that allows employers to screen thousands of job applicants, making companies vulnerable to government lawsuits and class actions.
July 13, 2015
In the News
Alston & Bird has earned broad recognition in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA, the peer review directory of leading U.S. business lawyers.
May 20, 2015
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Georgia Super Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia 1985