Clare Draper is a seasoned litigator and counselor with over 26 years of experience protecting clients' interests in labor and employment matters throughout the country. He has extensive experience defending wage and hour collective actions and DOL audits, as well as handling other complex litigation such as EEOC pattern and practice cases and private discrimination class actions. Mr. Draper is known for his practical approach to helping clients avoid litigation and solve problems through HR counseling, training, workforce reduction advice, compliance audits, negotiating and drafting employment agreements, restrictive covenants and separation agreements. In addition, he handles traditional labor matters, including union campaigns, negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, arbitrations and hearings. He is a nationally known expert in the field of government-mandated affirmative action plans and he is national affirmative action counsel for several companies, including the second-largest-private employer in the U.S. Mr. Draper is listed as a leading labor and employment lawyer in Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business and Super Lawyers magazine.
- National affirmative counsel for the second largest employer in the United States.
- Lead counsel in the defense of an OFCCP audit in which the OFCCP's claim of $9 million in alleged affected class damages was defeated and ultimately withdrawn.
- Lead counsel in the successful decertification of a class in an FLSA collective action.
- Lead counsel in successfully preventing the certification of a 20,000-person class in an FLSA collective action.
- Lead counsel in coordinating numerous successful reductions in force, including a 5,000 employee reduction that resulted in no litigation or administrative claims.
- Lead counsel in the successful defense and trial of a Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower claim.
- Lead counsel in the enforcement of numerous noncompetition and other restrictive covenant agreements.
- Successfully defended a technology company in an employee raiding case.
- Implemented and conducted a comprehensive nationwide training program for hundreds of client's managers and human resources representatives covering harassment, EEO compliance, whistleblower issues and union avoidance.
- Conducted a whistleblower code of conduct investigation for a national financial services client.
- Conducted other numerous internal investigations, including the investigation of harassment and discrimination claims, reports of violations of codes of conduct and investigations of executive malfeasance.
One hundred and forty-four Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. In addition, 17 Alston & Bird attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year” by the publication.
August 15, 2013
In the Press
Twenty-one Alston & Bird practices have been listed in the 2013 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. These include Antitrust; Banking & Finance; Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Capital Markets: REITs; Construction; Corporate/M&A; Energy; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation; Environment; ERISA Litigation; Government: Government Relations; Health Care; Immigration; Intellectual Property; International Trade; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial, including White-Collar and Securities Litigation; Outsourcing; Privacy & Data Security; Real Estate; Tax.
May 24, 2013
In the Press
One hundred and forty-seven Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. The publication is universally regarded as among the few definitive guides to legal excellence, and its rankings are based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas.
September 18, 2012
In the Press
June 7, 2012
In the Press
- Best Lawyers in America
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Georgia Super Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia 1985