Awards & Recognitions
- Our more than 800 attorneys are in 10 major markets, representing world-class companies that include UPS, The Dow Chemical Company, Bank of America, Delta Air Lines, Inc., Aflac Incorporated, Nokia, The Prudential Insurance Company of America and Twentieth Century Fox.
- The Best Lawyers in America 2013 features 147 of our attorneys.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2012 recognizes nine Alston & Bird practices in its national rankings: Capital Markets: REITs; Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation); ERISA Litigation; Government: Government Relations; Healthcare: East Coast; International Trade; Outsourcing; Privacy & Data Security; and Tax: Corporate & Finance. Eighty-nine of our attorneys are included in the publication’s prestigious rankings.
- Corporate Counsel's 2012 list of “Who Represents America's Biggest Companies” recognized Alston & Bird among the top 10 law firms in the country.
- For 2012, FactSet ranked Alston & Bird #21 in the category of “U.S.: Announced Deals,” based on deal value, and #23 in this category, based on number of deals.
- The 2011 American Lawyer's “Corporate Scorecard” ranked Alston & Bird #11 as “Counsel to Investment Advisor” in the Mergers & Acquisitions category based on transaction value.
- Alston & Bird is a “Leading Corporate Firm” in Atlanta as determined by general counsel and directors from an independent survey by FTI Consulting.
- Alston & Bird is ranked #5 in the category of "2012 Banker Representation" in Corporate Control Alert's year-end issue.
- Our 330 litigators have handled cases in all 50 states and are featured prominently in the 2013 BTI Litigation Outlook. The report, based on feedback from over 350 general counsel, practice leaders and in-house litigation managers, recognized our litigators in several specific practices, including complex matters, product liability, securities and financial services. Respondents placed Alston & Bird among a select group of “Awesome Opponents.” BTI also ranked Alston & Bird as a “Standout” in Securities Litigation and Financial Services Litigation—one of a select group of law firms clients considered to be best suited to help in the area of securities and finance-related litigation.
- In Corporate Counsel's 2012 report of "Who Represents America's Biggest Companies," Alston & Bird's intellectual property practice tied for first place.
- Alston & Bird is one of only three national law firms to be distinguished as an IP Litigation “Powerhouse” in the 2013 BTI Litigation Outlook. (The survey's top ranking.)
- International Tax Review described our tax practice as being “one of the best in North America.” Its “World Tax 2012” survey ranked Alston & Bird as a leading tax firm in both New York and Washington, D.C.
- Alston & Bird has been ranked on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for 14 consecutive years, including placement in the top 25 for nine consecutive years, four of which were in the top 10.
- Alston & Bird has been consistently recognized as a U.S. law firm providing superior client service in the BTI Client Service A-Team. This recognition results from interviews with approximately 240 corporate counsel at Fortune 1000 companies.
- Alston & Bird has received a top rating of 100 percent from the Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) 2012 Corporate Equality Index. This is the eighth year in a row that Alston & Bird has received HRC’s perfect rating.
- In the 2013 Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms, Alston & Bird ranked 12th for overall diversity, 9th with respect to minorities, 11th with respect to women and 22nd with respect to LGBT.