Awards & Recognitions
- Our attorneys are in 10 major markets, representing world-class companies that include UPS, The Dow Chemical Company, Bank of America, Delta Air Lines, Inc., Aflac, Inc., Nokia, Wells Fargo, The Prudential Insurance Company of America and Twentieth Century Fox.
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 features 160 of our attorneys.
- Alston & Bird earned 26 national and 77 metropolitan tier-one rankings in the 2017 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” listing. In addition, we were named “Law Firm of the Year” in Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law. In 2016, the firm was named “Law Firm of the Year” in Litigation – ERISA.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2016 recognizes nine Alston & Bird state practices as Band 1: Antitrust, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/M&A, Health Care, Labor & Employment, Litigation: General Commercial, Real Estate, Intellectual Property, and Tax. Eighty-two of our attorneys are recognized as leading lawyers.
- International Tax Review described our tax practice as “one of the best in North America.” Its “World Tax” survey has consistently ranked Alston & Bird as a leading tax firm in both New York and Washington, D.C.
- Alston & Bird’s Financial Advisors Practice is consistently ranked in the top 10 by both The American Lawyer and Corporate Control Alert.
- Alston & Bird was ranked #16 as Issuer’s Counsel and #14 as Underwriter’s Counsel for U.S. AMBS/MBS transactions in Asset-Backed Alert’s 2014 year-end issue.
- Alston & Bird was ranked #16 based on deal value in the category “Lender Law Firm” and #26 based on deal value in the category “Borrower Law Firm” by Thomson Reuters LPC (2014).
- Alston & Bird was singled out by CTA Intelligence as the top firm for client service to the investment funds industry. In addition to being recognized as the “Best Law Firm—Client Service,” the firm was also a finalist for “Best Law Firm—Overall.”
- Alston & Bird was recognized for its role as overall deal counsel and U.S. counsel to China Development Bank in the $360 million privatization of Yongye International, which was named the 2015 “Private Equity Deal of the Year” by China Law & Practice.
- Alston & Bird has been named the 2015 “International Trade Commission Firm of the Year” by Managing Intellectual Property magazine.
- Alston & Bird was named one of America’s Best Corporate Law Firms by U.S. corporate directors and general counsel in Corporate Board Member’s 2014 survey.
- Mergermarket ranked Alston & Bird #17 in the category “U.S. Legal Advisor M&A” and #10 in the categories “U.S. Legal Advisors (South) M&A” and “U.S. Legal Advisors (West) M&A,” all based on deal value for the first three quarters of 2015.
- Alston & Bird represented clients in two of the country’s largest verdicts of 2014 as determined by The National Law Journal. Both cases were ranked among the top 30.
- Alston & Bird has been singled out by general counsel as a “powerhouse” in Intellectual Property Litigation and Commercial Litigation by BTI Consulting Group in its latest study Litigation Outlook 2016: Changes, Trends and Opportunities for Law Firms. The firm was also identified by general counsel as a “standout” in Securities & Financial Litigation. The study—which shows Alston & Bird as one of only four firms favored by general counsel for IP litigation and one of only six firms favored for commercial litigation—comprised more than 160 law firms serving large and Fortune 1000 clients.
- Alston & Bird has been ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the country’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the past 18 years, the only law firm to earn this honor every year since 1999.
- In its 2016 list of the "50 Best Workplaces for Giving Back,” Fortune ranks Alston & Bird No. 39 – one of only three law firms chosen for the list.
- In a new report from BTI Consulting Group – Power Rankings 2016: The Law Firms with the Best Client Relationships – Alston & Bird ranks No. 6 among a small group of firms that in-house counsel consider the best in building and retaining deep client relationships.
- For the sixth consecutive year, general counsel have identified Alston & Bird as a firm that they are willing to bet their reputation on and recommend to their peers, as reported by BTI Consulting Group in its 2016 study Most Recommended Law Firms.
- General counsel rank Alston & Bird among the country’s top 20 law firms for the strongest client relationships in financial services in BTI Consulting Group’s latest study Power Rankings 2016: The Law Firms with the Best Client Relationships.
- Alston & Bird is ranked in the 2015 BTI Brand Elite: Client Perceptions of the Best-Branded Law Firms report published by BTI Consulting. The report features those firms identified by general counsel as having exceptionally strong brands, delivering premium value and providing innovative service to their clients.
- In 2017, for the 13th consecutive year, Alston & Bird earned a perfect rating of 100 percent in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index.
- In the 2016 Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms, Alston & Bird ranked 17th for overall diversity, 16th for minorities, 20th for women, and 23rd for LGBT.
- In Fortune’s 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women,” Alston & Bird ranks No. 75 and is one of only five law firms highlighted for setting the standard for work-life practices in the U.S.
- In Fortune’s 2016 “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity,” Alston & Bird ranks No. 24 and is one of only two law firms highlighted among U.S. companies for doing the most to create inclusive work cultures.