Awards & Recognitions
- Our more than 800 attorneys are in 10 major markets, representing world-class companies that include UPS, The Dow Chemical Company, Bank of America, Delta Air Lines, Inc., Aflac Incorporated, Nokia, The Prudential Insurance Company of America and Twentieth Century Fox.
- The Best Lawyers in America 2014 features 144 of our attorneys.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2013 recognizes nine Alston & Bird practices in its national rankings: Capital Markets: REITs; Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation); ERISA Litigation; Government: Government Relations; Healthcare: East Coast; International Trade; Outsourcing; Privacy & Data Security; and Tax: Corporate & Finance. Ninety-one of our attorneys are included in the publication’s prestigious rankings.
- Corporate Counsel's 2012 report of “Who Represents America's Biggest Companies” recognized Alston & Bird among the top 10 law firms in the country.
- For 2012, FactSet ranked Alston & Bird #21 in the category of “U.S.: Announced Deals,” based on deal value, and #23 in this category, based on number of deals.
- The 2013 American Lawyer's “Corporate Scorecard” ranked Alston & Bird #11 as “Investment Counsel” in the Mergers & Acquisitions category based on transaction value.
- Alston & Bird was ranked #4 in The American Lawyer's 2012 rankings of counsel to financial advisors in M&A transactions, based on the number of transactions. Alston & Bird was also ranked #5 in the Corporate Control Alert 2012 year-end issue in the category of “2012 Banker Representation.”
- Our 330 litigators have handled cases in all 50 states and are featured prominently in the 2014 BTI Litigation Outlook. Among the firm’s groups receiving special acknowledgement in the 2014 edition are Class Action, Intellectual Property Litigation, Securities and Financial Litigation, Complex Commercial Litigation and Labor & Employment. The 2014 findings were based on 300 new one-on-one telephone interviews with decision-makers at top-spending companies; it also draws on more than 3,700 interviews conducted over the span of 13 years, giving it a robust historical context. The firm also was highlighted in the Outlook’s “Most Feared Law Firms” survey.
- In Corporate Counsel's 2012 report of "Who Represents America's Biggest Companies," Alston & Bird's intellectual property practice tied for 2nd place.
- Alston & Bird is one of only three national law firms to be distinguished as an IP Litigation “Powerhouse” in the 2013 BTI Litigation Outlook. (The survey's top ranking.)
- International Tax Review described our tax practice as being “one of the best in North America.” Its “World Tax 2012” survey ranked Alston & Bird as a leading tax firm in both New York and Washington, D.C.
- Alston & Bird has been ranked on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for 14 consecutive years, including placement in the top 25 for nine consecutive years, four of which were in the top 10.
- Alston & Bird has been consistently recognized as a U.S. law firm providing superior client service in the BTI Client Service A-Team. This recognition results from interviews with approximately 240 corporate counsel at Fortune 1000 companies.
- Alston & Bird has received a top rating of 100 percent from the Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) 2012 Corporate Equality Index. This is the eighth year in a row that Alston & Bird has received HRC’s perfect rating.
- Alston & Bird was named the Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace in the legal industry by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. Each year, the nonprofit announces America’s top 100 adoption-friendly employers, as well as leaders in several industry categories. Alston & Bird was recognized at the top of the list for law firms for its generous adoption benefits, including an expense reimbursement program and paid maternity leave. The firm tied for 16th place on the Top 100 list across all industries.
- In the 2014 Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms, Alston & Bird ranked 8th for overall diversity, 8th with respect to minorities, 9th with respect to women and 8th with respect to LGBT.