Awards & Recognitions
- Our more than 800 attorneys are in nine major markets, representing world-class companies that include UPS, The Dow Chemical Company, Bank of America, Delta Air Lines, Inc., Aflac Incorporated, Nokia, The Prudential Insurance Company of America and Twentieth Century Fox.
- The Best Lawyers in America 2014 features 144 of our attorneys.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2014 recognizes nine Alston & Bird practices in its national rankings: Capital Markets: REITs; Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation); ERISA Litigation; Government: Government Relations; Healthcare; International Trade; Outsourcing; Privacy & Data Security; and Tax: Corporate & Finance. Ninety-one of our attorneys are included in the publication’s prestigious rankings.
- Corporate Counsel's 2012 report of “Who Represents America's Biggest Companies” recognized Alston & Bird among the top 10 law firms in the country.
- Alston & Bird was ranked #3 in the category of "Aggregate Value of Completed IPOs" and #9 in the category of "Aggregate Value of Pre-Effective IPOs," in the 2013 year-end issue of SEC New Registration Report.
- The 2013 American Lawyer's “Corporate Scorecard” ranked Alston & Bird #11 as “Investment Counsel” in the Mergers & Acquisitions category based on transaction value.
- Alston & Bird was ranked #11 in the Asset Backed Alert 2013 year-end issue in the category of "Top Issuer's Counsel for U.S. ABS/MBS Transactions," based on number of transactions.
- Our more than 350 litigators have handled cases in all 50 states and are featured prominently in the 2014 BTI Litigation Outlook. Among the firm’s groups receiving special acknowledgement in the 2014 edition are Class Action, Intellectual Property Litigation, Securities and Financial Litigation, Complex Commercial Litigation and Labor & Employment. The 2014 findings were based on 300 new one-on-one telephone interviews with decision-makers at top-spending companies; it also draws on more than 3,700 interviews conducted over the span of 13 years, giving it a robust historical context. The firm also was highlighted in the Outlook’s “Most Feared Law Firms” survey.
- In Corporate Counsel's 2013 report of "Who Represents America's Biggest Companies," Alston & Bird was ranked in the top three for IP Litigation representation and in the top ten for Patent Prosecution representation, based on court and USPTO filings of the Fortune 500.
- Alston & Bird ranked 7th with 88 cases in the Federal District Court category and 5th with 73 cases in the District Court Defense category on Corporate Counsel's annual Patent Litigation Survey.
- International Tax Review described our tax practice as being “one of the best in North America.” Its “World Tax 2012” survey ranked Alston & Bird as a leading tax firm in both New York and Washington, D.C.
- In 2014, Alston & Bird earned the Work-Life Seal of Distinction award from WorldatWork’s Alliance for Work-Life Progress (AWLP), a global association for human resources focused on attracting, motivating and retaining employees. The firm was one of only three law firms that received this distinction, and the seal is a unique mark of excellence designed to identify organizational success in work-life effectiveness.
- Alston & Bird has been ranked on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for 15 consecutive years, including placement in the top 25 for nine consecutive years, four of which were in the top 10.
- Alston & Bird has been consistently recognized as part of the "BTI Client Service 30" in the BTI Client Service A-Team report. This recognition is reserved for the top-performing firms in the industry with regard to providing superior client service, a select group culled from the 650 core law firms that serve the Fortune 1000.
- Alston & Bird has received a top rating of 100 percent from the Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) 2014 Corporate Equality Index. This is the ninth year in a row that Alston & Bird has received HRC’s perfect rating.
- Alston & Bird was named the Best Adoption-Friendly Workplace in the legal industry by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. Each year, the nonprofit announces America’s top 100 adoption-friendly employers, as well as leaders in several industry categories. Alston & Bird was recognized at the top of the list for law firms for its generous adoption benefits, including an expense reimbursement program and paid maternity leave. The firm tied for 16th place on the Top 100 list across all industries.
- In the 2014 Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms, Alston & Bird ranked 8th for overall diversity, 8th with respect to minorities, 9th with respect to women and 8th with respect to LGBT.