Chris Roux was the featured speaker during this program sponsored by the Construction Management Association of America. This presentation covered professional liability exposures of a construction manager as well as the liabilities that a construction manager should be concerned about and the difference (from a liability perspective) between an at risk CM and a general contractor. The presentation covered the following topics.
- Professional liability of the construction manager
- CM advisor
- What liabilities should a CM/Agent be concerned about?
- CM at risk
- Liabilities: What’s the difference between a CM/Risk and a general contractor?
- CM liability to third parties (e.g. contractors, etc.)
- CM liability for worker safety
- What CM's need to know
- Insurance for the CM
May 30, 2012
Alston & Bird LLP / Washington, DC