Chris Gegg counsels clients with regard to procuring, protecting, licensing, enforcing and defending intellectual property rights. Mr. Gegg's experience includes patent and copyright matters related to computer networks, hardware and software, as well as the electrical, mechanical, optical and business method arts. His practice involves extensive design patent and utility patent preparation and prosecution, patent infringement and patent validity matters. He also works on intellectual property transactional matters, including outsourcing and licensing agreements involving computer and Internet technologies and due diligence intellectual property investigations related to acquisitions of companies and patent portfolios.
- Counsel to a world leader in mobile communications and mobile phone manufacturing in utility patent matters and patent non-infringement and validity investigation matters.
- Counsel to the world’s largest combined manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft in utility patent matters.
- Counsel to a leading multinational company in child car seating, strollers and accessories.
- Counsel to the largest sanctioning body of motor sports in the United States in various intellectual property matters, including design and utility patent matters.
- Counsel to the world's largest power tool manufacturer in various intellectual property matters, including contract negotiations, intellectual property licensing and design and utility patent matters.
- Counsel to one of the largest worldwide oil and gas exploration and production companies, with refining and marketing operations in the United States and the United Kingdom, in various intellectual property matters.
- Counsel to one of the world’s largest eyewear designers and manufacturers in design patent matters.
- Counsel to a wide spectrum of additional domestic and international clients, including clients in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Austria, France, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom, with patent experience in over 30 countries and jurisdictions worldwide.
- Counsel to a variety of clients, including corporate and university clients, individual inventors and start-up companies.