Craig E. Freeman is a partner in Alston & Bird LLP’s Bankruptcy, Workouts & Reorganization Group. He specializes in bankruptcy and reorganization and is experienced in the representation of unsecured creditors’ committees appointed in Chapter 11 cases, as well as debtors, creditors, trustees and other parties in Chapter 11 cases.
Mr. Freeman received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 1988. He received his law degree, with distinction, from Hofstra University School of Law in 1992.
- Representation of unsecured creditors’ committees appointed in health care Chapter 11 cases, including Sumner Regional Health Systems, Inc., Forum Health, Hawaii Medical Centers, Saint Vincent’s Catholic Medical Centers of New York, Cabrini Medical Center, Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center, Auburn Memorial Hospital, Caritas Health Care, Inc., Victory Memorial Hospital, The Parkway Hospital, Inc., New York United Hospital Medical Center and Med Diversified, Inc.
- Representation of unsecured creditors’ committees appointed in a variety of Chapter 11 cases, including MSR Resort Golf Course LLC, Grubb & Ellis Company, Guilford Mills, Inc., International Total Services, Inc., OnSite Access, Inc., Vanderveer Estates Holding LLC and Noble Drew Ali Plaza Housing Corp.
- Representation of the committee of equity security holders appointed in the Chapter 11 cases filed by Spectrum Brands, Inc. and affiliates.
- Representation of the Examiner appointed in the Enron North America Corp. Chapter 11 case, the Chapter 11 Trustee of Olga Coal Company, the Plan Administrator appointed pursuant to the confirmed Chapter 11 plan for New York Medical Group, P.C. and the Trustee of the Med Diversified, Inc. Creditors’ Trust.
- Representation of Chapter 11 debtors, including BMI Transportation, Inc., The Pharmacy Fund, Inc. and Patient Education Media, Inc.