Jeffrey O’Neale is a senior associate in the Global Finance & Debt Products Group. He focuses his practice on representing institutional lenders, financial institutions, rating agencies and loan portfolio servicers in secured and unsecured financial transactions. A primary focus of his practice is representing special servicers in loan workouts, restructurings and modifications. He also has experience representing financial institutions and rating agencies in connection with the origination, securitization and servicing of conduit and large loans.
Prior to joining Alston & Bird, Jeffrey was an associate at Dechert LLP, where he focused his practice on the representation of investment banks and asset managers in secured financings, collateralized loan obligations and other asset-backed securitizations, including the securitization of esoteric assets such as structured settlement, credit card and music royalty receivables.
Jeffrey received his J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School in 2007. He received his B.A. in international finance and marketing from the University of Miami (FL) in 2001.
Jeffrey is admitted to practice in North Carolina.
- Representation of a special servicer in the workout of a $900 million mortgage loan, including a two-year forbearance agreement and a principal pay-down of the loan.
- Representation of a financial institution in the transfer and assumption of 50 mortgage loans secured by hotel properties in connection with a REIT public offering.
- Representation of a financial institution in connection with the origination of a hotel mortgage loan.
- Representation of a national rating agency in connection with its rating of various CMBS transactions.
- Represents issuers, collateral managers and loan sellers in connection with all aspects of securitization transactions.
- Represents underwriters, initial purchasers and placement agents in connection with the sale and delivery of numerous public and private securities offerings.
- Represents administrative agents in the issuance of floating rate, extendible, senior secured notes secured by a credit facility.
- Represents successor borrowers in commercial loan defeasance transactions.
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- Leadership Charlotte, Class 33