Kamran Jivani is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group. His practice focuses on complex patent litigation between direct industry competitors, channel partners, or against non-practicing entities.
Mr. Jivani’s litigation experience covers a broad set of industries, including web-enabled services, computer software, database systems, networks, telecommunications, ERP systems, consumer electronics, pharmaceuticals, chemicals manufacturing and luxury goods. Prior to entering the legal profession, Mr. Jivani developed distributed database systems and network portal security protocols for multiple global firms.
Mr. Jivani received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Illinois College of Law, where he was a member of the Intellectual Property Moot Court. He also holds a B.S. in computer science from the Georgia Institute of Technology, and was named a Freeman-Asia scholar in connection with his studies at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
Mr. Jivani remains committed to community service by currently serving as legal counsel to the Aga Khan Council for the Southeast. Mr. Jivani also volunteers with Court Appointed Special Advocates, which provides legal counsel and guardians ad litem for the victims of child abuse and neglect.
- Patent litigation counsel to one of the world’s largest computer manufacturers in various actions brought by direct competitors, channel partners or non-practicing entities.
- Patent litigation counsel to one of the world’s largest cellular phone companies defending claims against touch-screen technology.
- Frequently serves as patent litigation counsel to groups of retailers defending e-commerce or database system claims brought by formerly practicing or non-practicing entities.
- Trademark litigation counsel for an Internet portal enforcing a misappropriation claim.
- Copyright enforcement counsel for a luxury goods manufacturer.
- Patent litigation counsel for pharmaceutical, energy, cellular services, and Internet and cable companies defending infringement claims against call processing systems.
- Patent litigation counsel for an international consumer electronics producer defending claims against touch-screen technology.
- Patent litigation counsel asserting claims of infringement against a consumer electronics manufacturer.
- Patent litigation counsel for a retailer and manufacturer defending infringement claims relating to online and premise-based electronic catalogs.
- Patent counsel in a licensing and enforcement campaign for a major web-based travel services provider.
- Copyright litigation counsel for a software developer.
- Copyright counsel for a telecommunications and network provider.
- Trade secret litigation counsel for a specialty manufacturer enforcing trade secret in design process for luxury goods.
- Trade secret litigation counsel for a chemical producer defending a misappropriation claim.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia