Philippe Bennett is the partner-in-charge of the Intellectual Property Litigation Group in the firm's New York office and has been named among the top intellectual property litigators in New York.
Philippe’s practice focuses on litigation of intellectual property rights and trade secrets, as well as negotiating patent and trademark contracts and agreements. He has litigated before various federal and state courts and the International Trade Commission, involving various technologies ranging from pharmaceutical chemistry, drug delivery systems, medical devices and financial software technologies.
Philippe has lectured and published on recent developments in patent law and patent litigation. Philippe has taught intellectual property at Stevens Institute of Technology, has lectured on patent law at Harvard University, Fordham University, The Cooper Union, the Japanese Institute of Intellectual Property in Tokyo, BioTechnica in Germany, and at the 2013 China IP Summit. Philippe also publishes and presents at seminars on various patent issues relating to the Hatch-Waxman Act. Philippe is admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Trading Technologies International Inc. v. SunGard Financial Systems France FAS, GL Trade Americas Inc. SunGard Data Systems Inc. and SunGard Investment Ventures LLC. U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois.
- Trading Technologies International Inc. v. FuturePath Trading LLC.
- Medicis, et al vs. Activis. District Court of Delaware.
- Tyco Healthcare Group LLP et al v. E-Z-EM, Inc. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
- BioVail Laboratories Inc. v. Abrika Pharmeceuticals Inc. et al. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Lava Trading Inc. v. Sonic Trading Mgmt. Southern District of New York.
- The International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- The International Trade Commission Trial Lawyer Association
- Fordham University Graduate School of Business’ Global Board of Advisors
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers magazine 2009-2012
- Maccabi USA Sports Chairman – Fencing; 19th Maccabiah Games