Mr. Pottle represents clients in a wide range of complex corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, public and private securities offerings, joint ventures and formation transactions. He represents a variety of business organizations (public, private, not-for-profit, domestic and foreign), their boards, and financial sponsors and advisors in numerous industries. He has counseled multibillion-dollar international companies, as well as Fortune 100 corporations.
Mr. Pottle’s leadership positions with the firm have included chair of the Health Care Group, co-chair of the Technology Group, chair of the Life Sciences Task Force and founding member of the Corporate Health Care practice area.
He is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America, and “Top Legal Deal Makers” in Atlanta Business Chronicle and Super Lawyers magazine. Mr. Pottle is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association.
While in law school at Vanderbilt University School of Law, Mr. Pottle was a member of the Vanderbilt Law Review. Prior to law school, he completed the CPA exam and was a professional accountant with Ernst & Whinney (now Ernst & Young). While at the University of Washington, he also studied in Tokyo and London.
- Counsel to PSS World Medical in its $2.1 billion sale to McKesson Corporation.
- Counsel to a regional health system in a pending member substitution with an academic medical center.
- Counsel to a global health care and life sciences company based in Europe in numerous acquisitions, including a $276 million acquisition of the Therapeutic Support Systems division from Kinetic Care Concepts, a $750 million acquisition of the cardiac and vascular surgery division of Boston Scientific, an $860 million tender offer purchase of Datascope, a U.S. publicly traded cardiovascular device company and a $680 million acquisition of Atrium Medical, a privately held cardiovascular device company.
- Counsel to a premier academic medical center health system in complex strategic partnership with a premier Catholic health system.
- Counsel to a private equity sponsor in the purchase of a Florida-based pediatric company that provides alternative-site services to children with complex, long-term medical challenges and a New Jersey-based company that provides day health services for the elderly and disabled.
- Counsel to a Texas-based specialty financial services company in the purchase of a retail financial services chain in Mexico.
- Counsel to one of the largest diversified health care insurance companies in the acquisition of a primary care independent practice association in California and several follow-on acquisitions.
- Counsel to a publicly held specialty pharmacy distribution company in New York in a $300 million going private transaction with a private equity sponsor.
- Counsel to an automotive total loss and specialty salvage services company with operations in the Southeast United States in the sale to Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc.
- Counsel to a global industrial materials firm based in the United Kingdom in the acquisition of Webtec Converting, Inc., a Knoxville-based privately held medical tape and related product manufacturer.
- Counsel to several Nashville-based diversified ancillary health care provider companies in numerous formation, financing, acquisition and restructuring transactions.
- Counsel to a company that designs and manufactures hospital linen automation systems in the sale to a private equity sponsor.
- Counsel to one of the largest for-profit hospital chains in the disposition of a health care system to a premier academic medical institution in Los Angeles.
- Counsel to a Memphis-based specialty pharmacy company in initial and follow-on public offerings, numerous acquisitions throughout the United States, governance matters and eventual sale for $2.5 billion.
- Company counsel in initial and follow-on public offerings of a home health care company based in Louisiana.
- Counsel to a large, Nashville-based dialysis chain in unique roll-up formation, initial and follow-on offerings, numerous acquisitions throughout the United States, governance matters and eventual sale for $4 billion.
- Underwriter counsel in initial and follow-on public offerings of a specialty pharmacy company in New York.
- Counsel to a financial advisor in the sale of a home health company in Virginia.
- Counsel to a major academic medical center in a hospital joint venture with one of the largest for-profit hospital chains.
- Counsel to one of the largest for-profit hospital chains in the disposition of a network of hospitals in New Orleans.
- Counsel to a health care information technology company in a spin-out from a major academic medical center and venture capital financing.
Alston & Bird LLP is pleased to announce its participation as legal counsel to High Point Regional Health System (“High Point”) in forming a strategic alliance with The University of North Carolina Health Care System (“UNC HCS”). The transaction closed April 1, 2013.
April 16, 2013
In the Press
Alston & Bird assisted Getinge AB, a global healthcare and life sciences company based in Sweden, in its recently completed $275 million acquisition of the Therapeutic Support Systems (TSS) business of Kinetic Concepts, Inc. (KCI). The transaction further enhances Getinge’s product and geographic platforms. KCI’s TSS business, which is primarily focused on the North American market, includes a comprehensive portfolio of specialty therapeutic beds, mattress replacement systems and other support surfaces and patient mobility devices. The acquisition will be integrated into Getinge Extended Care under the ArjoHuntleigh brand, which is a major player in pressure ulcer prevention and healing for many European markets.
January 4, 2013
In the Press
Alston & Bird advised client PSS World Medical—which helps outfit stand-alone physician offices, labs, and elder care facilities with various supplies—on a $2.1 billion medical supply deal with McKesson. The major health care deal was featured in The American Lawyer.
October 25, 2012
In the Press
One hundred and forty-seven Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. The publication is universally regarded as among the few definitive guides to legal excellence, and its rankings are based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas.
September 18, 2012
In the Press
June 7, 2012