Alston & Bird hosted this event on December 8, 2010 from 9:00am - 12:00pm which included a discussion of ethical issues corporate counsel encounter on a daily basis:
• Corporate counsel in the hot seat: personal and ethical liability issues
• Ethical issues in mergers and acquisitions
• Ethical issues in representing officers and directors
• Ethical issues in contract negotiations
• Attorney/client privilege waiver issues
• Recurring ethical issues in government and internal investigations: cooperation, document preservation, employee rights and crisis management
Panelists included Nachael Bright, Partner, Global Finance and Debt Products; Mark Calloway, Partner, Government Investigations & Compliance Group, former U.S. Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina; Frank Hirsch, Partner, Litigation & Trial Practice, former General Counsel to RBC Bank; Ken Miller, Deputy General Counsel, Bank of America; and Jane Lewis-Raymond, Vice President & General Counsel, Piedmont Natural Gas.
3 hours of Ethics and 1 hour of Substance Abuse/ Mental Health CLE pending. Continental breakfast at 8:30 a.m. Lunch provided after the program.
For questions or additonal information, please contact Pam Frye at 704.444.1088 or
December 8, 2010
Bank of America Plaza/Charlotte, NC