Joshua Becker and Beverlee Silva participated in this conference sponsored by HB Litigation Conferences
. Joshua Becker served as the conference chair and was a featured panelist during the session, ""Hydraulic Fracturing – or Fracking" Litigation." This session covered the following topics.
When & where did the litigation begin?
Where has the litigation migrated to?
Key decisions & settlements
Favorable jurisdictions & why
What is happening in Texas, Arkansas, Colorado, and Louisiana
Also looking at Pennsylvania, New York, and West Virginia
Looking to the future states: California and Colorado
- Similarities to other litigations and lessons learned
Beverlee Silva was a featured panelist during the session,"Examining a Fracking Contamination Case or Injury." This presentation addressed the following topics.
- What a typical injury or contamination case looks like
- Legal theories alleged – negligence, nuisance, etc.
- Strategies for building your case or defense
- Case structures
- Deciding when and if there is an opportunity for resolution
- Potential liability to working interest owners
December 13, 2011
Cityplace Conference and Event Center/Dallas, TX