Jeff Belkin presented, "Protectionism in Government Contracting: How to Handle the Myriad of Domestic Source Restrictions in Federally-Funded Product Sales," during this teleseminar sponsored by The Rossdale Group LLC. Jeff's presentation addressed the following.
- What are the most common restrictions? BAA, TAA, Berry, Specialty Metals, ARRA, FAA, FTA, FHWA, CWA
- What's on the horizon? WRDA
- What's the difference? From 100 percent US content and production, to merely final assembly, and everything in between
- How do you protect your clients? Know your product and supply chain and try to learn who is buying and where the Fed money comes from.
- What do you do when your customer doesn't know or gives conflicting information? Give it a good faith effort and cross your fingers.
This teleseminar also provided a detailed analysis of the most important clauses found in Federal Government contracts, the General Services Administration (GSA) schedule contracting, the False Claims Act, and underscored the ethical considerations involved in the public contracting process. In addition, it covered the essentials of government contracting at the local and state level.