Jeff Young was a co-presenter of this seminar hosted by the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG). A key to unlocking the future market potential for Smart Grid programs is now the industry push to develop effective standards. This session addressed key topics and answered the following questions.
- What are the business and technical needs for standards? Do standards make all products look the same and remove a supplier's differentiation and therefore competitive advantage?
- Where in the Smart Grid are these standards applied?
- Who are the people/organizations whose products, technologies and/or data formats must comply with standards?
- What standards bodies and other organizations are involved in developing these standards?
- What are some examples of what the standards actually look like today?
February 2, 2010
Technology Association of Georgia / Atlanta, GA