Doug Hinson and Peter Varney spoke on the topic "Compensation and Benefits: The 5 Things Most Likely to Cause Pain & Suffering, And What You Can Do To Prevent A Visit With The Litigator" on Thursday, November 15, 1:30pm - 2:15pm.
Your compensation and benefits programs should be part of your plan to attract and retain top talent, as well as a way to build employee motivation and productivity. However, ensuring compliance with the array of laws and regulations can be a huge challenge. Compensation and benefits specialists shareed with attendees their practical strategies for keeping in compliance with the laws that impact benefits and compensation.
- Ensuring compliance with laws that impact benefits and compensation
- Understanding ERISA, HIPAA, and employer responsibilities
- The Pension Protection Act: An update on the changes on disclosures, safe investments, and more
- Dealing with the boomer generation: Medicare, COBRA, and health plans
- Consumer-driven health plans: Will employees buy in to more personal responsibility?
Thursday, November 15, 2007