We have more than 90 attorneys regularly advising clients on securities matters. There are few securities issues that we have not seen, and we are fully equipped to handle the most sophisticated offerings and other securities transactions, as well as the daily securities needs of our public company clients. We have particular insight into many of the securities rules and regulations through members of our firm who have served at the Securities and Exchange Commission, including as chief of the SEC’s Office of Mergers and Acquisitions.
- The Best Lawyers in America 2013 features 37 Alston & Bird corporate attorneys.
- The BTI Client Service 30 ranked Alston & Bird #5 in 2012 among U.S. law firms in providing superior client service. The ranking resulted from interviews with 240 corporate counsel at large and Fortune 1000 companies.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2012) recognizes 29 Alston & Bird corporate attorneys.
- Corporate Board Member magazine’s 2011 survey of general counsels named Alston & Bird “Best Corporate Law Firm” in Atlanta.
- Corporate Control Alert ranked Alston & Bird #10 under the category of “2011 Banker Representation” in its 2011 year end issue.
- For 2011, the SEC New Registrations Report ranked Alston & Bird #5 in the aggregate value of IPOs completed as company counsel.
- The American Lawyer’s 2009 “Corporate Scorecard” ranked Alston & Bird #1 as issuer’s counsel in the category of REIT debt transactions.
Bringing Value to Our Clients
Our securities lawyers operate based on two fundamental principles: first, we seek to be facilitators, rather than roadblocks; and second, we are there to protect the value of our client’s deal, not only by identifying issues and risks but by providing solutions. This philosophy enables us to provide highly effective representation on a no-nonsense basis.