Holly Hawkins Saporito is a senior associate in the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group, focusing her practice on patent, trademark and copyright litigation and counseling, with a particular emphasis on patent litigation and enforcement. She is a member of the Georgia Bar and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Ms. Saporito earned a B.S. in industrial engineering, with high distinction and with honors, from The Pennsylvania State University in 2001, where she was selected by the faculty and students as the Outstanding Senior in Industrial Engineering. Prior to attending law school, she worked in the Engineering Sciences and Applications division of Los Alamos National Laboratory. In 2005, Ms. Saporito received a J.D., with honors, from the George Washington University Law School, where she was a member of The George Washington University Law Review. Her case note on property law and her note, “A Sliding Scale Approach for Evaluating the Terrorist Threat Over the Internet,” were both published in the review.
- Counsel to a corporate plaintiff alleging theft of trade secrets and breach of contract, ultimately recovering $38 million, plus a sizable running royalty on all future sales.
- Counsel to the plaintiff, a leading prepaid and payment solutions provider, in a patent infringement action against a competitor.
- Counsel to a specialty chemical manufacturer in successfully obtaining a TRO against a direct competitor in a patent infringement lawsuit.
- Counsel to a large restaurant franchisor in obtaining summary judgment in a trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court in which the plaintiff sought a nationwide injunction against use of the company's mark.
- Counsel to multiple companies, including one of the nation’s largest mobile communications companies, a large cable service provider, a major insurance company and a large banking institution, in multidistrict patent infringement litigation against Ronald A. Katz Technology Licensing, L.P.
- Appellate counsel to a medical manufacturer and food processing client in cases before the Federal Circuit.
- Counsel to a leading packaging solutions company in patent litigation matters.
- Counsel to an international, upscale retailer; large insurance company; international hotel chain; and social networking website, in connection with trademark and domain name enforcement activities.
- Counsel to a large appliance manufacturer in defending infringement claims relating to online and premise-based electronic catalogs.
- Counsel to a wire and cable company asserting its patent rights in the electrical cable field.
"Changing the Landscape of Patent Law – The America Invents Act," Georgia Bar Journal, Vol. 17, No. 6, April 2012.
1 April 2012