Ms. Eikhoff represents clients in significant and high-profile complex commercial litigation matters, with specialized experience and expertise in the following industries: financial services, manufacturing, technology and insurance. Ms. Eikhoff litigates in state and federal trial and appellate courts nationwide, and in alternative dispute resolution forums. She has handled several multimillion-dollar cases for publicly and privately held entities, with extensive experience in trial, arbitration hearings, mediation, written advocacy, settlement negotiations and discovery management. Ms. Eikhoff has been instrumental in helping business clients achieve successful resolution in litigated disputes involving claims of breach of contract, fraud, business torts, defamation, negligence, and unfair and deceptive trade practice and consumer protection statutes.
Ms. Eikhoff has also served in leadership roles for internal and independent investigations and related litigation matters, including investigations of mortgage and accounting fraud, and bid-rigging in public companies.
Since 2008, Ms. Eikhoff has served on the Board of Georgia Shakespeare, a non-profit professional theater company.
- Represented a textile manufacturer and owner in a jury trial in federal court against tort and contract claims brought by the corporate partner in a textile manufacturing joint venture.
- Defended a public manufacturing client in federal court against a raw material supplier seeking multimillion dollar damages for alleged breach of supply contract, ultimately securing a favorable eve-of-trial settlement.
- Achieved grant of preliminary injunction on behalf of a client, forcing the opponent to continue purchasing from the client, securing several million dollars of continuing profits for the client during the course of the litigation and preventing the likely close of the client’s manufacturing facility.
- Prosecuted a declaratory judgment action to resist an extra-contractual price-hike from a supplier to a client manufacturer, ultimately securing a pennies-on-the-dollar settlement.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a national bank and its CEO against defamation claims arising out of an independent internal investigation and a restatement of earnings.
- Secured the voluntary dismissal of former directors and officers of a failed bank in a multiparty case in state court arising out of loan participation agreements on more than $60 million in defaulted loans for residential real estate development.
- Secured a voluntary dismissal of all claims against a commercial mortgage lender by a potential investor seeking to purchase a $50 million loan on a high-rise condominium complex.
- Defended a major computer manufacturer against claims of fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and breach of warranty for alleged defects in computer components in a federal case that garnered significant national media attention, including prominent coverage in The New York Times and CNN Financial.
- Defended a major computer manufacturer against a putative class action alleging breach of warranty and unfair and deceptive trade practices arising from nationwide media attention of prior lawsuits regarding alleged defects in computer components.
- Represented a mobile phone manufacturer and service provider in cases alleging violations of consumer protection statutes based on disclosures related to the health and safety of cell phone use.
- Serve as national defense counsel for a major insurer against claims arising from disability and life insurance policies.
- Defended a major health insurance provider in arbitration hearings involving claims related to payments pursuant to hospital contracts.
Other Commercial Litigation
- Negotiated a new favorable stock purchase agreement for business executive clients in a settlement of breaches of earn-out agreement for purchase of the client's boutique advertising agency by an international media conglomerate.
- Obtained dismissal of all counts, and subsequent affirmation by the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, in favor of an international soft drink bottling and distributing company facing claims for damages in excess of $120 million brought by plaintiffs who were shareholders in a Canadian bottled water company.
- Held a leadership position in the independent investigation of a public homebuilder following allegations of mortgage fraud, including multiple meetings and presentations with state and federal agencies and authorities.
- Served on the team of lawyers assisting with the bankruptcy examination of Enron Corp., investigating the role of Enron’s board of directors and examining Enron’s relationship with its financial institutions.