Aaron Dixon is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities Group. Aaron represents public and private companies, financial advisors and fairness opinion providers in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, capital raises and other complex business transactions. In addition, he advises businesses on general corporate matters, including reporting obligations under securities laws, corporate governance and commercial contracts.
Aaron received his J.D., cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center in 2004, where he was a teaching assistant in the school’s legal research and writing program. He received a B.S. in biochemistry and molecular biology from The Pennsylvania State University’s Schreyer Honors College in 1999. Aaron is a member of the Business and Finance Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association and the Georgia Aquarium’s Next Wave Society.
- Represented financial advisors in over $50 billion of M&A transactions.
- Represented a special committee of the board of directors of a publicly held chemical company in connection with the company’s sale to a strategic buyer.
- Represented a Fortune 500 insurance company in its acquisition of a tenant security bond business.
- Represented a leading security services provider with over 570,000 employees in several acquisitions, including acquisitions of an international investigative services firm and an electronic and physical security solutions provider.
- Represented a Fortune 500 financial services company in its investment in a payment solutions provider.
- Represented the world’s largest aquarium in its acquisition of a historic aquatic park and dolphin conservation center.
- Represented majority shareholders of an insurance company in a “going-private” acquisition of the insurance company for $840 million.
- Represented a publicly traded holding company for a family of energy businesses in its $510 million sale to a Fortune 500 energy services holding company.
- Represented a private equity fund in the sale of its chemicals businesses to one of the largest privately owned textile companies in the United States.
- Represented a private equity fund in a $1.2 billion “going-private” acquisition of a leading provider of business process outsourcing services.
- Represented an international chemical company in its $250 million acquisition of a joint venture manufacturing phosphates, phosphoric acid and phosphorus chemicals.
Alston & Bird is pleased to announce that the following individuals have been named partners in the firm effective January 1, 2013:
January 2, 2013
In the Press
An Alston & Bird team led by Washington, D.C. corporate transactions and securities partner Keith E. Gottfried represented the special committee of the board of directors of publicly traded New Frontier Media, Inc., in its sale to LFP Broadcasting, LLC. New Frontier, based in Boulder, Colorado, is a leading provider of transactional television services and distributor of general motion picture entertainment.
November 28, 2012
In the Press
September 19, 2011
In the Press
"US Regulation of Sovereign Wealth Funds: Seeking the Right Balance," Financier Worldwide, Issue 66, June 2008.