Adam Baker is a senior associate in the New York office and a member of the firm’s Government & Special Investigation and Litigation & Trial Practice Groups. His practice is focused on government and internal investigations, white collar criminal defense and regulatory matters. Mr. Baker has represented highly regulated entities and public corporations, as well as corporate officers, directors and employees in investigations by the SEC, the Department of Justice, the New York Attorney General’s Office, FINRA and other criminal and civil authorities.
Prior to joining Alston & Bird, Mr. Baker received his J.D. from Boston College Law School. While at Boston College, he received the Privitera Award for outstanding scholarship and commitment to service and won best brief in the Wendell F. Grimes Moot Court Competition. He also served as an intern for the Honorable David A. Mills of the Massachusetts Appeals Court.
Mr. Baker received a master of science in teaching from Fordham University and a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and theology from Boston College. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Baker taught second grade in the Bronx as a corps member of Teach for America.
- Represented the audit committee of a publicly traded, multinational company in a regulatory investigation relating to the restatement of the company’s financials.
- Represented various financial services institutions and public multinational companies in internal investigations regarding employee misconduct, potential violations of the Federal Securities Law, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, state pay-to-play laws and Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd Frank Acts.
- Represented the general counsel of a publically traded company in an SEC investigation regarding the company’s financial restatement.
- Represented various individuals in regulatory inquiries by FINRA, the SEC and the New York Attorney General’s Office.
Adam Baker, an associate in the firm’s New York office and a member of its Government & Special Investigation and Litigation & Trial Practice Groups, has been recognized by the New York State Bar Association as a 2012 recipient of the Pro Bono Award for his remarkable commitment to pro bono service.
October 31, 2012
- Boston College Law School National Alumni Board
- Junior Board Member, Everybody Wins! Literacy and Mentoring Program