Alison Jones is a partner within the firm's Real Estate Finance & Investment Group. Ms. Jones focuses her practice on the representation of institutional real estate clients, including public and private REITS, insurance companies and pension funds engaged in acquisitions, sales, joint ventures and commercial office leasing. She also has significant experience on multisite, multijurisdictional portfolio transactions, including her role as lead real estate counsel on the six million acre transaction often described as the “largest land sale since the Louisiana Purchase.”
Ms. Jones is a member of the Atlanta Bar Association and the Real Property Section of the State Bar of Georgia. She is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers, Commercial Mortgage Securities Association, Commercial Real Estate Women of Atlanta and the National Association of Women Lawyers. Ms. Jones is the leader of the firm’s Women’s Initiative for the Atlanta office.
Ms. Jones received her undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia in 1997. She received her law degree from Georgia State University College of Law in 2000. Ms. Jones is an active community volunteer with several women and children’s groups and is currently serving on the board of the Atlanta Children’s Shelter.
- Counsel to a $6 billion public REIT in connection with the company’s retail shopping center acquisitions in the Southeast and California.
- Counsel to a leading investment bank’s programmatic investments in single-tenant, “triple-net” assets nationwide.
- Counsel to one of the world’s largest paper and packaging companies. Representative experience includes the $6 billion acquisition of another company’s containerboard, packaging and recycling assets, which included 100 facilities in 30 states, and the $6.6 billion divestiture of approximately six million acres of forestlands and associated business operations.
- Counsel to one of the largest privately-owned real estate firms in New York, including acquisitions and sales of trophy office towers in Manhattan, the District of Columbia and Southern California.
- Representation of several insurance companies, pension funds and other institutional owners with respect to commercial leasing transactions nationwide.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Commercial Mortgage Securities Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women
- National Association of Women Lawyers