Amber Pelot is an associate in the firm’s Real Estate Finance & Investment Group. Ms. Pelot focuses her practice on the acquisition, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate. Ms. Pelot also concentrates her practice in the area of public finance and has experience as bond counsel, issuer’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel and disclosure counsel.
Ms. Pelot received her J.D. in 2009, magna cum laude, from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, where she served as the student writing editor of the Mercer Law Review and president of the Association of Women Law Students. While at Mercer, she received the ALI-ABA Scholarship and Leadership Award, was elected to the Brainerd Currie Honor Society, and earned a certificate in advanced legal writing, research, and drafting. Ms. Pelot received her M.B.A., summa cum laude, from the Stetson School of Business and Economics at Mercer University in 2009 and her B.B.A., summa cum laude, in economics and finance from the University of West Georgia in 2006. Prior to beginning her practice with the firm, Ms. Pelot served as a fellowship associate at Habitat for Humanity International, Inc. through the Alston & Bird LLP Fellowship Program. Ms. Pelot is admitted to practice law in Georgia.
- Counsel to commercial real estate investors and developers in their acquisition, disposition and leasing transactions.
- Counsel in acquisitions of large parcel assemblages of property in the United States.
- Counsel in the disposition of real property interests in the United States for an international media company.
- Bond counsel to municipalities and government authorities, including public gas, power and other utilities, in a wide range of transactions from revenue bonds and economic incentives to lease purchase financings.
- Bond counsel in transactions to finance facilities for colleges and universities.
- Real Estate Section of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Real Property Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, Membership Committee and Scholarships Committee
- University of West Georgia National Alumni Association Board of Directors