Drew Allen concentrates his practice on the acquisition, financing, development, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate. He has experience representing large institutional and pension fund investors; developers of retail, office and industrial properties; and publicly traded real estate investment trusts.
In 2010, Drew was featured in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as an “Associate to Watch.”
Drew received his J.D. in 2004 from Vanderbilt University, where he served as an associate editor on the Vanderbilt Law Review. He graduated from Wake Forest University in 2000 with a B.A., summa cum laude, in economics.
- Represents a New York-based, German investment fund in connection with its acquisition and disposition of high-end office buildings in New York City, Washington, D.C. and San Diego.
- Represents a Birmingham-based developer in connection with the joint-venture development of trophy mixed-use condo/retail projects in Midtown Atlanta.
- Represents national life insurance company on acquisitions and dispositions of multifamily, retail and office assets throughout the Southeast.
- Represented bulk-sale purchaser of master-planned resort community in Lake Oconee, Georgia. Assets included a Four Diamond hotel, six championship golf courses, four marinas, a lake club, over 5,000 acres of undeveloped land and over 100 pad-ready lots.
- Counsel to Atlanta-based industrial developer on land acquisition, development, leasing and sale matters nationwide.
- Represents a “Big Four” accounting firm in office lease negotiations around the United States.
- Served as lead real estate counsel to a publicly traded real estate investment trust on multifamily housing sales throughout the country.
- Member of the Real Estate Section of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Member of the board of directors of the Atlanta Community ToolBank