Andrew Begun represents commercial real estate lenders, investors and developers in a wide range of real estate finance, equity and development transactions, including secured financing and credit enhancement; securitized loan origination, servicing and defeasance; delegated underwriting and servicing (DUS) lender representation under Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and related conventional and multifamily affordable housing loan programs, including credit enhancement of bond- and tax credit-supported affordable housing transactions; acquisitions and sales; commercial, industrial and office leasing; land use and entitlement matters; and joint venture partnerships and related corporate matters. Andy has broad experience in portfolio loan financing documentation, including construction, term and mezzanine loan agreements, letters of credit, promissory notes, security instruments, guaranties and legal opinions, as well as CMBS market origination, servicing and defeasance documentation. He also has extensive experience drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements; development agreements; license agreements; commercial, industrial and retail leases; and joint venture agreements.
- Represented a Southern California-based commercial real estate investment and management firm in connection with the sale of a portfolio of commercial and office projects, the defeasance of the securitized financings thereof and the acquisition and financing of tax-deferred, reinvestment properties.
- Represented various national Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD and similar delegated underwriting and servicing (DUS) lenders in connection with structured financing programs for conventional multifamily housing projects, tax credit- and bond-financed affordable housing transactions, and related tax-exempt financings.
- Represented a Southern California-based commercial real estate development firm in connection with a variety of entitlement, development, acquisition, debt and equity financing, and leasing and sale transactions pertaining to nationwide commercial, industrial, retail and office facilities.
- Represented a number of California and nationally based lenders and private and public investment groups in connection with a variety of real estate financings, credit enhancements and related commercial transactions, including construction and permanent financings, affordable housing transactions, hotel financings and the placement and defeasance of securitized financings.
- Represented a Southern California school district in connection with various school development and modernization projects, multiparty land exchanges, joint use agreements, easements and license agreements, environmental investigation and compliance matters, CEQA compliance matters, public contract matters and related real estate transactions.
- Represented a California-based energy exploration and development firm in connection with the environmental investigation, remediation, entitlement, development and sale of various real property holdings.
- Represented a national housing construction and development firm in connection with the negotiation and implementation of disposition and development agreements; joint use agreements; licenses and easements; and related land use, entitlement, development and transactional matters.