Angela Adams is a member of the Litigation & Trial Practice Group. Ms. Adams focuses her practice on representing individuals and corporations in criminal matters, government investigations and internal corporate investigations. She also has extensive experience in general commercial litigation.
Ms. Adams has performed government investigation work and defended one of the world’s largest common carriers, a Fortune 50 company, in civil matters throughout the Southeast. She has served as lead trial counsel for this client in Georgia and Florida.
Ms. Adams graduated from Howard University School of Law in 2007, where she served on the executive board of the Charles Hamilton Houston National Moot Court Team. She was also a recipient of the CALI Award for Excellence in Federal Civil Procedure and a student attorney in the Fair Housing Clinic. Ms. Adams graduated from Clark Atlanta University in 2004 with a B.S., magna cum laude, in public relations.
- Lead trial counsel for one of the world’s largest common carriers in Georgia and Florida, winning each of the cases tried. Ms. Adams has helped litigate and resolve over 50 claims against this client in Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Maryland.
- Served as counsel for the world’s largest beverage company on its reports to the Federal Trade Commission in 2006 and 2009.
- Represented a prominent public figure in a high-stakes government investigation involving charges of RICO, fraud and theft.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in an internal and government investigation involving off-label marketing.
- Advised companies on creating legally defensible document retention and preservation policies, including strategies for creating and implementing effective document management programs, legal preservation plans for paper and electronic documents, and processes to effectively respond to requests for e-discovery.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Board of Directors, Georgia Law Center for the Homeless
- Steering Committee, 2011 Atlanta Music Festival: Songs of Aspiration, Hope and Progress
- Hands On Atlanta
- Atlanta Community Food Bank