Bernard Taylor is a former chair of the firm's Management Committee and the firm’s Products Liability Group. Mr. Taylor has over 30 years of trial experience, is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation, products liability and pharmaceutical, environmental and toxic tort lawsuits.
During his years of experience, Mr. Taylor has represented Fortune 100 companies as lead trial attorney in complex litigation involving commercial litigation, class actions, mass torts, environmental liability, products liability and toxic tort lawsuits filed in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. Mr. Taylor is also a former Detroit police investigator involved in federal and state criminal investigations.
In 2013, Mr. Taylor was selected as one of 11 products liability attorneys nationwide to be named a BTI Client Service All-Star by in-house counsel throughout corporate America. Mr. Taylor is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America, and Super Lawyers magazine.
- Lead trial counsel for a division of a large chemical manufacturing company in mass tort lawsuits for alleged exposure to isocyanates in underground coal and platinum mines. This work included handling a lawsuit with more than 1,600 plaintiffs in Alabama, a lawsuit with 99 plaintiffs in West Virginia, and a nationwide putative class action with 30,000 plaintiffs in which coal miners claim a variety of health diseases caused by alleged isocyanate exposure.
- Lead trial counsel representing leading building products company in mass tort litigation involving more than 1,300 plaintiffs alleging personal injuries caused by air and surface water emissions from a former wood treatment site in Alabama.
- Co-led national coordinating counsel team large medical corporation handling defense of litigation pending in more than 30 states.
- Co-lead trial counsel representing a chemical manufacturer in the 2002 West Virginia mass tort products liability asbestos trial involving over 2,000 plaintiffs.
- Member of national trial team representing a large pharmaceutical company in Trasylol litigation which was the subjection of a national multidistrict litigation (MDL) as well as individual cases pending in several states. Obtained key dismissals in many of these matters well in advance of trial.
- Lead trial counsel for two health care corporations in products liability case alleging negligence, failure to warn and manufacturing defects. Obtained defense verdict on negligence and failure to warn claims; judgment notwithstanding verdict was granted and affirmed on appeal on the manufacturing defect claim, thus resulting in a total defense victory for our client.
- Lead counsel representing an international construction equipment manufacturer regarding use of the products in the U.S. that are alleged to be inconsistent with U.S. regulatory provisions.
- Representing one of the largest public health systems in the U.S. in medical malpractice cases and other litigation matters throughout Georgia.
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Gate City Bar Association
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Board of Trustees of Agnes Scott College
- Southeast Regional Board and the National Board of Directors for the U.S. Fund for UNICEF
- Board of Trustees for the Atlanta Police Foundation
- General Counsel, DeKalb County, Georgia, Chapter of 100 Black Men of America
- Board of Trustees for the Vasser Woolley Foundation
- Board of Directors for the World Affairs Council of Atlanta