Brandon Williams generally focuses his practice on the overall business needs of his clients, while specializing in mergers and acquisitions litigation, shareholder litigation and complex corporate governance issues. Brandon has significant experience in the representation of public and private companies, and the members of those companies’ boards of directors that are embroiled in legal proceedings that arise out of mergers, tender offers, or going private transactions. Brandon also has significant experience serving as outside general counsel to his clients involved in complex business transactions including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and capital raises.
- Represented one of Georgia’s largest public companies related to litigation that arose out of a $67 billion merger with a world-renowned telecommunications company.
- Represented one of the country’s largest privately-held companies, which owns a diverse group of companies engaged in trading, operations and investments, related to litigation that arose out of a $21 billion merger with one of the leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, packaging, paper, building products and related chemicals.
- Represented leading global provider of set-top boxes and video distribution networks related to litigation that arose out of a $6.9 billion merger with a leading technology company.
- Representing one of largest education companies in nationwide litigation.
- Representing one of world’s largest rubber production companies and its Chairman in a $50M lawsuit regarding ownership of 36% of the Company’s equity.
- Representing Texas healthcare company on a variety of corporate matters, including recent negotiation of a $27 million credit facility.
- Representing private equity start-up company in its acquisition of companies in St. Louis and Texas.
An Alston & Bird team led by Washington, D.C. corporate transactions and securities partner Keith E. Gottfried represented the special committee of the board of directors of publicly traded New Frontier Media, Inc., in its sale to LFP Broadcasting, LLC. New Frontier, based in Boulder, Colorado, is a leading provider of transactional television services and distributor of general motion picture entertainment.
November 28, 2012
In the Press
"Litigation Disclosure Challenges To M&A Activity," Securities Law360, July 18, 2011.
July 18, 2011
"Important Developments in Securities Litigation in 2008," 36 Securities Regulation Law Journal 213 (2008).
- Board Member of Destined for Success Educational Services, Inc.
- Financial and membership contributor to several organizations including The Posse Foundation, Inc. and the Kappa Scholarship Endowment Fund of Western Pennsylvania