Bruce Sarkisian specializes in technology, e-commerce and sourcing transactions and initiatives, data privacy and security. Bruce advises clients in a wide range of outsourcing and technology arrangements as well as copyright, data security and data breach issues. Bruce is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/US.
Bruce received his J.D., summa cum laude, from the Georgia State University College of Law in 2010. While at Georgia State, Bruce was a member of the Moot Court Board and was awarded the Nai Karimamanesh award for excellence in advanced evidence. Bruce received his B.A., with honors and with distinction, in American studies from Stanford University. Bruce also has an M.S. in journalism from Columbia University.
Prior to obtaining his J.D., Bruce spent 12 years at a tier-one multinational provider of technology and outsourcing services to the Global 1000. He has extensive management and negotiations experience in software and outsourcing and served as a member of the company's worldwide data security committee.
- Advising multiple clients on privacy, security and data breach response issues.
- Advising a statewide cooperative on the acquisition and implementation of smart grid technology and services.
- Advising a music company on licensing its proprietary hosting platform to other content owners.
- Represented a financial services provider in the licensing of software for back office and investment management processes.
- Advised a major insurance company with respect to outsourcing several key business processes.
- Advised a leading global engineered materials company on outsourcing the management of its IT infrastructure, application management and end-user computing services.
- Serving as ABA Section of Science & Technology e-Privacy Law Committee Vice Chair.