Glen Morris has a wide range of experience, at both the trial and appellate level, in complex litigation matters including securities, intellectual property, trade secrets, professional liability, health care and other commercial matters. Glen’s experience includes representation of officers, directors and corporations in shareholder class actions, shareholder derivative actions, SEC enforcement actions and other regulatory investigations. He also has represented health care clients in a variety of matters, including False Claims Act and RICO litigation.
Prior to beginning his practice, Glen served as law clerk to The Honorable Sidney A. Fitzwater, United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, from 1994-95. He graduated with a J.D. from Yale Law School in 1994, where he served as senior editor of the Yale Journal on Regulation. Glen received a B.A., summa cum laude, from Baylor University in 1990, where he was named to Phi Beta Kappa, and was elected outstanding student of both the economics department and the University School.
Glen is a member of the Texas Bar and is admitted to practice before federal district courts in Texas and elsewhere. His professional affiliations include the American Bar Association Center for Professional Responsibility, the Texas Center for Legal Ethics and Professionalism and he is a fellow of the Dallas Bar Foundation.
- Represented pharmaceutical companies against Medicaid fraud claims brought by state attorneys general in state and federal court cases throughout the United States.
- Represented health care companies and physician groups in defense of actions brought under the federal False Claims Act and the Texas Medicaid Fraud Prevention Act by qui tam relators, the United States Department of Justice and the Texas Attorney General.
- Represented corporations, and officers and directors, in defense of shareholder class actions, derivative actions, SEC enforcement actions, and SEC investigations based on allegations of securities fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented real estate limited partnerships in multiple lawsuits in state and bankruptcy court alleging fraud, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with real estate purchase loan transactions.
- Represented international accounting firms in defense of actions alleging fraud and professional negligence.
- Represented companies in connection with internal investigations brought about by corporate reviews, whistleblowers and government investigatory bodies.
- Represented a patent-holder in multimillion-dollar infringement action regarding the design of carbonated soft drink bottles.
- Represented a health care company in multimillion-dollar action before the Texas State Office of Administrative Hearings regarding disputed payments under regulatory guidelines.
- Represented a health care company in defense of hundreds of lawsuits brought by former patients at psychiatric hospitals who alleged that they were improperly admitted and/or treated as a result of a corporate conspiracy to bribe referral sources.