Ms. Eikhoff represents clients in significant and high profile complex commercial litigation matters, with specialized experience and expertise in the following industries: manufacturing, technology and insurance. She is the co-chair of the firm’s Industrials & Manufacturing Litigation practice team. Ms. Eikhoff litigates in state and federal trial and appellate courts nationwide, and in alternative dispute resolution forums. She has handled several multimillion-dollar cases for publicly and privately held entities, with extensive experience in trial, arbitration hearings, mediation, written advocacy, settlement negotiations, and discovery management. Ms. Eikhoff has been instrumental in helping business clients achieve successful resolution in litigated disputes involving claims of breach of contract, data breach, fraud, business torts, property torts, defamation, negligence, and unfair and deceptive trade practice and consumer protection statutes. In August 2013, Ms. Eikhoff was featured by the Daily Report in its “On the Rise” issue as one of the “40 Georgia Legal Rising Stars to Watch.”
- Representing Taishan Gypsum Co. Ltd. in the high-profile Chinese drywall product liability litigation pending before U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana as a multidistrict litigation seeking class-wide damages.
- Lead counsel for textile manufacturer in more than 100 property tort civil suits arising from the largest river fish kill in Georgia history.
- Secured Eleventh Circuit entry of defense judgment on all claims, vacating an adverse jury verdict, on behalf of textile manufacturer and its corporate ownership in a dispute brought by corporate partner in a textile manufacturing joint venture.
- Secured dismissal of putative class action claims following high profile announcement by nationally prominent healthcare provider of possible disclosure of personal health information in data loss.
- Defended major computer manufacturer against claims of fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and breach of warranty for alleged defects in computer components in a federal case that garnered significant national media attention, including prominent coverage in The New York Times and CNN Financial.
- Achieved summary judgment ruling dismissing all claims against a major computer manufacturer client in putative class action alleging breach of warranty and unfair and deceptive trade practices arising from nationwide media attention of prior lawsuits regarding alleged defects in computer components.
- Achieved summary judgment ruling dismissing all claims in $50 million defamation action brought by former record company executive and music producer against production company and on-air talent in highly rated reality television show.
- Defended public manufacturing client in federal court against raw material supplier seeking multi-million dollar damages for alleged breach of supply contract, ultimately securing favorable eve-of-trial settlement.
- Achieved grant of preliminary injunction on behalf of a client, forcing opponent to continue purchasing from the client, securing several million dollars of continuing profits for the client during the course of the litigation and preventing likely close of the client’s manufacturing facility.
- Prosecuted declaratory judgment action to resist an extra-contractual price-hike from a supplier to a client manufacturer, ultimately securing pennies-on-the-dollar settlement.
- Defended major health insurance provider in arbitration hearings involving claims related to payments pursuant to hospital contracts.
- Lead counsel for India-based software company in arbitration arising from alleged breach of contract involving the purchase of an airplane scheduling software business. Positioned case for early mediation and secured an early settlement through mediation.
Alston & Bird clients NFGTV, Inc. (Eastern TV), and Monami Entertainment LLC, production companies for VH1’s hit reality TV show “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta,” and superstar recording artist K. Michelle Pate (K. Michelle), have defeated an appeal by record producer Memphitz – whose real name is Mickey Wright, Jr. – in a four year defamation case in which he sued K. Michelle and the show’s producers. The victory also included Viacom International, which owns the VH1 network that airs the show.
November 9, 2016
Christy Eikhoff is profiled in the “Power Moms Class of 2016.”
November 6, 2016
In the News
Alston & Bird clients NFGTV, Inc. (Eastern TV), and Monami Entertainment LLC, production companies for VH1’s hit reality TV show, “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta,” have been granted summary judgment in a two-and-a-half-year defamation battle.
April 22, 2015
Alston & Bird clients NFGTV, Inc. (Eastern TV), and Monami Entertainment LLC, production companies for VH1’s hit reality TV show, “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta,” were granted summary judgment in a two-and-a-half-year defamation battle.
April 15, 2015
In the News