Christine Joyce Roberts is an associate in the firm's Products Liability and Litigation & Trial Practice Groups. Her practice focuses on products liability, business disputes and commercial litigation. Ms. Roberts is a seasoned business professional with over 17 years of experience in property casualty insurance, insurance litigation, census operations, employee benefits and consulting. She has held management positions at several national insurance companies and was a director of the small business services department of a regional employee benefit consulting firm. Her background encompasses claims, underwriting, operations and strategic planning and gives her unique insights into her clients' needs.
While in law school, Ms. Roberts was on the Dean's Honor List, received a Dean's Service Award and First Honors Awards in both Appellate Advocacy and the District Attorney Seminar, participated in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition, acquiring the team's highest individual score, was a certified law clerk for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office and held a judicial externship in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
- Serves as a member of the national counsel team in large scale, automotive products liability and consumer class action MDL and state court coordinated proceedings involving nearly 200 nationwide class actions.
- Served as a member of the defense team for a medical facility in a complex civil litigation that involved multiple defendants and over 70 plaintiffs, who alleged injury, professional negligence and product defect claims.
- Successfully represented a Pro Bono immigration client in immigration court, resulting in termination of removal proceeding and assisted client in obtaining permanent legal resident status. Awarded Kids In Need of Defense (KIND) “Pro Bono Attorney of the Month” for her work on this immigration case.
- Board Member, Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management, Board of Visitors
- Planning Committee, 2011 DuPont Minority Counsel Conference, “Defining Success: Owning Your Career & Leveraging Diversity”