Chris Frieden is a partner in the Financial Services & Products Group focusing his practice on the areas of public and private mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions in the financial services industry. In particular, Mr. Frieden specializes in mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and strategic transactions involving depository institutions, mortgage companies and wealth management and investment advisory firms. Mr. Frieden also has extensive experience in advising public company clients on SEC reporting and disclosure requirements, corporate governance issues and other corporate and securities matters.
Mr. Frieden served as an adjunct professor at the Emory University School of Law from 2001 to 2008, where he taught a course on mergers and acquisitions. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in commerce with a concentration in finance from the University of Virginia in 1996. Mr. Frieden received his law degree from the Emory University School of Law in 1999, where he graduated with honors and was awarded Order of the Coif.
- Counsel to a bank roll-up strategy financing transaction, as well as multiple successful loss-share acquirers.
- Issuer’s counsel in connection with a $100 million private equity investment in convertible preferred stock issued by a large privately held savings and loan holding company.
- Represented the seller in the sale of a large reverse mortgage company to a large, publicly held buyer.
- Represented wealth management and investment advisory firms of all sizes in joint venture transactions, as well as other acquisition transactions and complex financing transactions.
- Counsel to wealth management and investment advisory firms in connection with capital restructuring and corporate reorganization transactions.
- Assisted in the formation and registration of registered investment adviser firms.