Darren Hauck is partner-in-charge of the firm’s Dallas office. He concentrates his practice on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, outsourcings and other large commercial transactions, with an emphasis on technology and the travel and travel service industries.
Darren's practice has involved a wide variety of complex transactions, often involving three or more negotiating parties of more than one nationality. He also has advised clients on the creation and maintenance of joint ventures on four continents. Darren's mergers and acquisitions experience includes a wide variety of transactions ranging from representing Fortune 500 clients acquiring private targets to advising buyers and sellers in strategic transactions.
Darren received his both his J.D. and his B.A., with distinction, from the University of Virginia, where he was a member of Order of the Coif. He is a member of the State Bars of Texas and Georgia and the Business Law Section of the American Bar.
- Counsel to a leading cell phone manufacturer in connection with a global strategic alliance with a mobile operating system provider for the next generation smart phone.
- Counsel to a leading global travel distribution system in connection with its joint ventures in Asia, the South Pacific, the Middle East and Mexico, and in connection with its technology and distribution arrangements with major U.S. airlines.
- Counsel to a global building products company for acquisitions and joint ventures in North America.
- Counsel to the owners of a leading electronic pharmacy solutions provider in sale to, and investment in, a private equity portfolio company.
- Counsel to an auto safety parts manufacturer in a cross-border acquisition.
- Counsel to a major Internet site in connection with the buyout of an Asian joint venture.
- Counsel to a tier-one outsourcing vendor in connection with IT outsourcing by a financial services company.
Alston & Bird client Sabre Corporation, a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Abacus International Pte Ltd., the premiere travel-booking company in Asia-Pacific.
May 29, 2015