Darren Hauck is partner-in-charge of the firm’s Dallas office. He concentrates his practice on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, outsourcings and other large commercial transactions, with an emphasis on technology and the travel and travel service industries.
Darren’s practice has involved a wide variety of complex transactions, often involving three or more negotiating parties of more than one nationality. He also has advised clients on the creation and maintenance of joint ventures on four continents. Darren’s mergers and acquisitions experience includes a wide variety of transactions, ranging from representing Fortune 500 clients acquiring private targets to advising buyers and sellers in strategic transactions. Darren has also been added to the 2016 list of The Best Lawyers in America.
Darren received both his J.D. and his B.A., with distinction, from the University of Virginia, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He is a member of the State Bars of Texas and Georgia and the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association.
- Counsel to a leading global travel distribution system in connection with the buyout of its Asia-Pacific joint venture and simultaneous negotiation of long-term distribution arrangements with 11 Asian airlines in eight different jurisdictions.
- Counsel to a leading cell phone manufacturer in connection with a global strategic alliance with a mobile operating system provider for the next generation smart phone.
- Counsel to an airline solutions provider in the negotiation of the use of its reservations system by a major U.S. airline.
- Counsel to various clients in connection with joint ventures and strategic alliances in Asia, North America, the South Pacific and South America.
- Counsel to a global building products company for acquisitions and dispositions in North America.
- Counsel to the owners of a leading electronic pharmacy solutions provider in a sale to, and investment in, a private equity portfolio company.
- Counsel to an auto safety parts manufacturer in a cross-border acquisition.
- Counsel to a major Internet site in connection with the buyout of an Asian joint venture.
- Counsel to tier-one outsourcing vendors in connection with various IT outsourcings/RFP pursuits.