Darren Hauck is partner-in-charge of the firm’s Dallas office. He concentrates his practice on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, outsourcings and other large commercial transactions, with an emphasis on technology and the travel and travel service industries.
Darren’s practice has involved a wide variety of complex transactions, often involving three or more negotiating parties of more than one nationality. He also has advised clients on the creation and maintenance of joint ventures on four continents. Darren’s mergers and acquisitions experience includes a wide variety of transactions, ranging from representing Fortune 500 clients acquiring private targets to advising buyers and sellers in strategic transactions. Darren has also been added to the 2016 and 2017 lists of The Best Lawyers in America©.
Darren received both his J.D. and his B.A., with distinction, from the University of Virginia, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He is a member of the State Bars of Texas and Georgia and the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association.
- Counsel to a leading global travel distribution system in connection with the buyout of its Asia-Pacific joint venture and simultaneous negotiation of long-term distribution arrangements with 11 Asian airlines in eight different jurisdictions.
- Counsel to a leading cell phone manufacturer in connection with a global strategic alliance with a mobile operating system provider for the next generation smart phone.
- Counsel to an airline solutions provider in the negotiation of the use of its reservations system by a major U.S. airline.
- Counsel to various clients in connection with joint ventures and strategic alliances in Asia, North America, the South Pacific and South America.
- Counsel to a global building products company for acquisitions and dispositions in North America.
- Counsel to the owners of a leading electronic pharmacy solutions provider in a sale to, and investment in, a private equity portfolio company.
- Counsel to an auto safety parts manufacturer in a cross-border acquisition.
- Counsel to a major Internet site in connection with the buyout of an Asian joint venture.
- Counsel to tier-one outsourcing vendors in connection with various IT outsourcings/RFP pursuits.
One-hundred and sixty Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. The lawyers span the firm’s eight offices in the United States and represent more than 60 practice areas.
August 16, 2016
Alston & Bird has expanded its health care litigation and compliance capabilities with the addition of Frank E. Sheeder as a partner in the firm’s Dallas office. He joins from DLA Piper LLP, where he was chair of the firm’s national Healthcare Enforcement and Compliance Practice.
July 6, 2016
Alston & Bird continues to bolster its finance capabilities with the addition of partner Michael Thimmig in the firm’s Dallas office. Thimmig, who arrives from Perkins Coie LLP, is the sixth finance partner to join the firm since the beginning of 2015.
March 28, 2016
Alston & Bird has significantly expanded its Financial Services & Products Group with the addition of a highly visible five-member corporate team from Bracewell.
February 2, 2016
One hundred and fifty-three Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. The lawyers span the firm’s eight U.S. offices and represent more than 60 practice areas.
August 17, 2015
Alston & Bird client Sabre Corporation, a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Abacus International Pte Ltd., the premiere travel-booking company in Asia-Pacific.
May 29, 2015