Mr. Teske is the head of the Technology, Privacy & IP Transactions Group, and a thought leader and frequent speaker on legal issues ranging from licensing to digital entertainment to open source software. He concentrates his practice on the exploitation, leveraging and transfer of technology and intellectual property rights through complex transfer and licensing transactions.
Mr. Teske works with all types of clients, from Fortune 50 corporations to start-up companies. He has extensive experience in patent and software licensing; diligence of intellectual property portfolios in the M&A context; and counseling clients on the establishment, exploitation and maintenance of their intellectual property portfolios. Mr. Teske is also particularly well-versed in portfolio management. Throughout his career, he has prepared and filed patent applications, trademark registration applications, copyright registration applications, and has litigated patent, trademark and copyright infringement actions—as his tremendous skill base affords well-rounded expertise.
Mr. Teske received both his J.D. degree and a B.S. in aerospace engineering from the University at Buffalo, and is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Represented an early stage company in a transaction to license its femtocell technology to a larger consumer electronics company for incorporation into a mass-market consumer product.
- Represented a municipal entity to establish a fiber-optic based “Triple-Play” (Internet-phone-video) service for consumers and businesses.
- Represented a major mobile phone handset manufacturer in the in-licensing of an operating system for its handsets.
- Represented a major U.S. wireless carrier in securing exclusive rights to distribute a groundbreaking smartphone.
- Counseled a leading manufacturer of biometric based security systems for non-fixed assets on open source issues.
- Represented an airline scheduling and planning software provider in the acquisition of new business lines.
- Represented a Fortune 50 company with intellectual property and technology issues during the divestiture of a software-based business line.