Deanna L. Kashdan represents lenders, arrangers, borrowers/issuers, sponsors and underwriters in various commercial finance transactions, including syndicated credit facilities, private placements and public debt offerings, project finance, leveraged buyouts, acquisition and recapitalization finance, asset-based finance, credit enhancement transactions, structured finance, mezzanine finance, reorganizations and workouts.
Ms. Kashdan has acted as counsel to several of the largest U.S. commercial banks and other lending and insurance institutions on a broad range of secured and unsecured, syndicated, single-lender and club transactions. Her practice also includes representation of borrowers, issuers and sponsors in complex debt transactions, representation of debtors in sensitive prebankruptcy restructurings and workouts, and representation of both public and private companies in asset based, middle-market and investment grade deals.
- Counsel to several private equity and mezzanine investment sponsors on acquisition financing and related intercreditor concerns in connection with transactions consisting of senior and subordinated facilities, first- and second-lien facilities, term loan B financing and various other debt products.
- Representation of a leading commercial lending institution as the agent bank on a fully secured $100 million revolving credit and $210 million term loan B financing for a highly leveraged international public corporation.
- Counsel to one of the nation’s largest commercial banking institutions acting as the agent bank with respect to multiple syndicated credit facilities for various real estate investment trusts.
- Counsel to one of the nation’s largest commercial banking institutions as the agent bank in a $200 million syndicated senior credit facility for a leading provider of fossil fuel products.
- Represented one of the largest U.S. commercial lending institutions in multiple, fully secured, Islamic-compliant facilities.
- Counsel to the U.S. financing arm of one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of motor vehicles, motorcycles and power equipment in a $4.5 billion senior debt financing and simultaneous commercial paper program increase.
Alston & Bird’s Finance Group moved into the top 20 of the 2012 Legal League Tables distributed by Thomson Reuters, both on the U.S. borrower and lender sides by volume.
January 22, 2013
In the Press
Alston & Bird served as legal advisors for client ALI Group in its successful acquisition of Scotsman Industries, the largest commercial ice machine company in the world, from an affiliate of Warburg Pincus.
November 6, 2012
In the Press