Deepro Mukerjee is a partner in the intellectual property litigation group at Alston & Bird. For nearly 15 years, Mr. Mukerjee has litigated patents and other intellectual property rights relating to a wide variety of technologies ranging from pharmaceutical compounds and diagnostic assays to electrical circuit interrupting devices and computer software programs. An experienced Hatch-Waxman litigator, Mr. Mukerjee is also involved in several Paragraph IV litigations on behalf of some of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
In addition to his litigation experience, Mr. Mukerjee is often involved in spearheading complex due diligence projects and provides intellectual property advice to corporate clients for complex transactions such as public offerings and venture capital financings. In that capacity, his practice encompasses counseling numerous early- and mid-stage companies in leveraging existing IP portfolios in order to grow equity investments. Mr. Mukerjee’s clients include pharmaceutical companies, IT and technology companies, diagnostic laboratories, angel investors and a major metropolitan university.
- Lead trial counsel for one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies in several pending Hatch-Waxman litigations.
- Lead trial counsel for a Canadian-based molecular diagnostic company in a patent infringement action in the Eastern District of Texas. Chosen to represent that same company in a related interference proceeding before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Lead trial counsel for a global leader in automated blood processing systems in a patent infringement matter in the District of Delaware.
- Lead trial counsel for a leading online provider of employment-related services in a patent infringement action in the Southern District of California.
- Lead trial counsel for a sponsorship-driven, social-media marketer in a patent litigation in the Eastern District of Texas. Recently had the case stayed by successfully petitioning the USPTO to accept a Covered Business Method petition on several of the asserted patents.
- Lead trial counsel for a high-end jewelry designer in a copyright infringement matter involving novel questions of law relating to the availability of copyright protection for jewelry designs (case recently settled).
- Trial counsel for a world-renowned baby products manufacturer in a design patent and trade dress infringement matter in the Southern District of New York.
- Lead trial counsel for a major metropolitan university in a state court breach of contract suit. (Recently obtained a dismissal with prejudice against the plaintiff.)
- Provides ongoing intellectual property counseling to a genetics-based cancer diagnostic company.
- Handles all intellectual property needs for a major metropolitan university.
- Provides ongoing intellectual property counseling to an oncology-focused biotechnology company.
- Provides ongoing intellectual property advice to a pioneer in delivering television to mobile and Internet- connected devices.
- Handled several complex mergers and acquisitions involving IP assets; to date, these assets have an aggregate value exceeding $895 million.
- AIPLA (Member)
- NYIPLA (Member)
- Recurring Guest Lecturer for Columbia University Business Law Series