Deepro Mukerjee is a partner in the Intellectual Property Litigation Group. For over 15 years, Mr. Mukerjee has litigated patents and other intellectual property rights relating to a wide variety of technologies, ranging from pharmaceutical compounds and bio-technology processes to electrical circuit interrupting devices and computer software programs. An experienced Hatch-Waxman litigator, Mr. Mukerjee is currently involved in several Paragraph IV litigations on behalf of some of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
In addition to his substantial litigation experience, Mr. Mukerjee is often involved in spearheading complex due diligence projects and provides intellectual property advice to multinational corporate clients for complex transactions such as public offerings and venture capital financings. In that capacity, his practice encompasses counseling numerous companies in better leveraging existing and newly constituted IP portfolios. Mr. Mukerjee’s client base represents a large and diverse group, including pharmaceutical companies, IT and technology companies, diagnostic laboratories, medical device companies, angel investors and major metropolitan universities. Where spare time permits, Mr. Mukerjee is also active in various leadership initiatives within the firm.
- Lead trial counsel for one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies in several pending Hatch-Waxman litigations.
- Lead trial counsel for the premier processor and distributor of amniotic surgical tissue grafts in four currently pending district court patent litigations.
- Lead trial counsel for one of Europe’s leading voice recording companies in a patent infringement action in the Southern District of New York.
- Lead trial counsel for a global leader in automated blood processing systems in a patent infringement matter in the District of Delaware. (Case recently settled on extremely favorable terms).
- Lead trial counsel for a leading online provider of employment-related services in a patent infringement action in the Southern District of California.
- Lead trial counsel for a sponsorship-driven, social-media marketer in a patent litigation in the Eastern District of Texas. Recently had the case stayed by successfully petitioning the USPTO to accept a covered business method petition on several of the asserted patents.
- Lead trial counsel for a high-end jewelry designer in a copyright infringement matter involving novel questions of law relating to the availability of copyright protection for jewelry designs (Case recently settled).
- Trial counsel for a world-renowned baby products manufacturer in a design patent and trade dress infringement matter in the Southern District of New York.
- Lead trial counsel for a major metropolitan university in a state court breach of contract suit. (Recently obtained a dismissal with prejudice against the plaintiff.)
- Provides ongoing intellectual property counseling to a genetics-based cancer diagnostic company.
- Handles all intellectual property needs for a major metropolitan university.
- Provides ongoing intellectual property counseling to an oncology-focused biotechnology company.
- Provides ongoing intellectual property advice to a pioneer in delivering television to mobile and Internet-connected devices.
- Handled several complex mergers and acquisitions involving IP assets; to date, these assets have an aggregate value exceeding $1.3 billion.
Alston & Bird has been recognized as a global leader in patent law in the 2016 edition of Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Professionals, marking the fifth consecutive year that the firm has earned this recognition.
June 16, 2016
Thomas Parker, Deepro Mukerjee, Yi Wen Wu, Jitty Malik and Kirk Bradley are mentioned for representing Merck in an inter partes review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
April 26, 2016
In the News
Alston & Bird client Red Box Recorders LTD won an important patent ruling in U.S. federal court that invalidated nearly 20 claims asserted by plaintiffs Verint Systems Inc. and Verint Americas Inc. directed to call center recording and voice over IP.
January 7, 2016
Alston & Bird has been recognized as a global leader in patent law in the 2015 edition of Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Professionals, marking the fourth consecutive year that the firm has earned this recognition.
June 18, 2015
Alston & Bird client LiveCareer, Ltd., won dismissal with prejudice of third-party claims in a class action lawsuit involving alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by defendant Job.com.
September 25, 2014
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- New York Intellectual Property Las Association (NYIPLA)
- Columbia University Business Law Series, recurring guest lecturer