Liz Broadway Brown is an associate in the firm's Litigation and Trial Practice Group. Ms. Brown focuses her practice on business and commercial litigation matters, with an emphasis on complex breach of contract litigation, class action defense and representation of corporations engaged in internal and government investigations. Ms. Brown earned her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Georgia in 2010, where she served on the editorial board and as executive notes editor of the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law. Ms. Brown was also a member of the University of Georgia Mock Trial Board and the Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Team.
Prior to joining Alston & Bird, Ms. Brown worked as a research assistant to University of Georgia Law Professor Russell Gabriel, exploring poverty in the court system, a grant project in conjunction with the university’s Initiative on Poverty and the Economy.
Ms. Brown earned her B.S., in newspaper journalism, magna cum laude, from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in 2004, where she served as editor in chief of the university’s student newspaper, The Famuan, and was inducted into the Kappa Tau Alpha National Honor Society.
- Counsel to automobile manufacturer in products liability and consumer class action multi-district litigation.
- Counsel to Fortune 1000 company involved in class action litigation concerning compliance with federal privacy laws.
- Counsel to Fortune 50 company engaged in breach of contract and collections litigation.
- Counsel to independent consulting firm charged with auditing nationwide foreclosure practices of four mortgage servicers.
- Successfully defended pharmaceutical company in a multimillion-dollar arbitration.
- Regularly represents, on a pro bono basis, juvenile defendants in truancy proceedings before the Fulton County Juvenile Court.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Volunteer, Truancy Intervention Project of Georgia
- Volunteer, Everybody Wins! Atlanta
- National Bar Association
- DeKalb Lawyers Association