Ellen Persons is a senior associate in the firm’s Litigation & Trial Practice Group. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and on representing individuals and corporations in the defense of civil false claims act actions, whistleblower actions, government investigations, and internal corporate investigations. Ms. Persons also represents clients defending against class action lawsuits.
Ms. Persons received her J.D., cum laude, in 2008 from the University of Georgia School of Law. She was an active member of the moot court team and served as a notes editor for the Journal of Intellectual Property Law. Ms. Persons received a B.A. in American Government from the University of Virginia in 2005.
- Ongoing defense of federal antitrust grand jury and foreign competition law investigations
- Ongoing representation of corporate defendants in multidistrict antitrust litigation
- Counsel to individuals in government investigations involving health care and government contracting issues.
- Counsel to numerous hospitals, public health care and pharmaceutical companies in internal investigations, government enforcement actions and qui tam litigation.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in internal and government investigation involving off-label marketing.
- Represented one of the largest bank-affiliated equipment leasing and finance companies in the United States in a variety of matters.
- Serves as a member of the national counsel team in a large scale automotive products liability and consumer class action MDL and state court coordinated proceedings involving nearly 200 nationwide class actions.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Board of Directors, Our House, Inc.