Ginabeth Hutchison is the most senior trademark attorney in the firm’s Atlanta office and concentrates her practice on trademark portfolio management, counseling clients as to the risk associated with adoption of proposed names and marks, evaluating when applications for domestic and/or international registration should be filed, and advising how and when to maintain those registrations. Ms. Hutchison works with a variety of large portfolio clients and utilizes an international network of IP attorneys to ensure that those clients’ trademark assets are adequately protected through registration in jurisdictions in which the client does, or anticipates doing, business.
Ms. Hutchison has been named to the BTI Client Service All-Star Team, listed in The Best Lawyers in America for several years and selected as a founding Master for the Atlanta Intellectual Property Inn of Court, where she serves as Vice Chairman of Membership and Treasury. She has long been active in the International Trademark Association (INTA), currently serving on the Young Practitioners’ Committee. Ms. Hutchison has spoken on topics such as best practices in clearance searches and opinions, practical approaches to trademark clearance issues, and effective counterfeiting enforcement strategies at state bar, CLE and INTA programs and meetings.
- Trademark counsel to a well-known insurance company with worldwide registrations of its famous marks.
- International trademark counsel to a well-known chain of fast food restaurants.
- Trademark counsel to a number of clients who have chosen to move their trademark portfolios to Alston & Bird from their previous firms, including a chain of photographic retail and photofinishing specialty stores; a leading provider of gas furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioners, air handlers and water heaters; and a leading distributor of stored value gift and prepaid products.
- INTA Young Practitioners’ Committee
- State Bar of Georgia – Intellectual Property Law Section
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Atlanta Intellectual Property Inn of Court - founding Master in 2010, Executive Committee (serving as Vice Chair for Membership/Treasurer for the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 years), elected Treasurer for the next two-year term (2012-2013 and 2013-2014)