Ginger Burton represents institutional lenders and companies in a variety of secured and unsecured financing transactions, including syndicated credit facilities, acquisition financings and asset based financings. She has also been involved in representing lenders and companies in loan restructurings and workouts.
Ms. Burton received her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law, where she was an articles editor for the Georgia Law Review. She also served as a teaching assistant in the legal research and writing program. Prior to law school, she received her B.A. in 1994, with high honors, from Agnes Scott College, where she was elected to membership in Phi Beta Kappa and Omicron Delta Epsilon (Economics Honor Society).
Ms. Burton is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and currently serves as a member of the UCC Committee of the State Bar of Georgia. She is also a member of the American Bar Association and the Atlanta Bar Association.
- Counsel to the agent bank under a $670 million credit facility to an equity real estate investment trust having a portfolio consisting primarily of retail shopping malls located in the eastern United States.
- Counsel to the lead arranger and agent in connection with a $500 million letter of credit facility provided to one of the largest air delivery and freight services companies in the world.
- Counsel to a leading global investment management company with respect to its $1.25 billion syndicated credit facility.
- Counsel to one of the nation’s largest providers of inpatient rehabilitative health care services with respect to its senior secured $500 million credit facility.
- Counsel to a specialized diagnostic laboratory company with respect to its senior secured $335 million credit facility.
- Counsel to a private equity sponsor with respect to financing and refinancing transactions for two of its portfolio companies.
Alston & Bird’s Finance Group moved into the top 20 of the 2012 Legal League Tables distributed by Thomson Reuters, both on the U.S. borrower and lender sides by volume.
January 22, 2013
In the Press
Alston & Bird is pleased to announce that the following individuals have been named partners in the firm effective January 1, 2013:
January 2, 2013
In the Press