Heather Adams assists companies in the financial, mortgage, pharmaceutical, health care, information technology, manufacturing and software industries avoid costly litigation by providing risk management and regulatory advice and conducting internal audits and investigations to proactively identify potential issues. In doing so, she leverages her prior experience as general counsel of a software company, Sageworks Inc., where she was responsible for the company’s risk management strategy and litigation portfolio. When litigation cannot be avoided, she brings almost twenty years of experience in private practice to bear for clients facing lawsuits, including class actions, and government investigations involving antitrust, financial services, mass torts, employment, privacy and securities fraud claims.
Heather has been recognized as a Top Lawyer by Triangle Business Leader, Legal Elite by Business North Carolina, a Rising Star by Benchmark Litigation and has been selected to the 2016 and 2017 North Carolina Super Lawyers lists.
- Represented a generic drug manufacturer in a Department of Justice antitrust investigation.
- Represented a state agency in various federal governmental investigations and internal audits.
- Provides antitrust and securities compliance training.
- Represented an automotive supplier in asbestos products liability litigation.
- Represented mortgage lenders, insurers and servicers; consumer lenders; and banks and other financial services companies in actions involving claims arising under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), state unfair or deceptive trade practices acts, and predatory lending and usury statutes as well as internal and government investigations.
- Represented pharmaceutical companies and food and drink manufacturers in cases involving allegations of bid rigging.
- Represented a national manufacturing company in a price-fixing and market allocation antitrust class action multidistrict litigation.
- Represented a national mortgage lender in a false advertising class action.
- Represented a Fortune 50 technology company in a series of consumer class actions alleging violation of various state unfair or deceptive trade practices acts arising out of sales of consumer electronic products.