Heather Adams is counsel with Alston & Bird's Litigation & Trial Practice Team. Heather is experienced in financial services, products liability, antitrust, corporate governance and securities litigation. She focuses on handling the defense of class actions in the areas of antitrust, financial services, mass torts, employment and securities fraud. Her clients operate in a wide range of industries, including financial, mortgage, pharmaceutical, health care, information technology, manufacturing and software.
Before joining Alston & Bird, she was a partner at one of the largest law firms in Raleigh, NC. From 2004 to 2005, she served as general counsel of Sageworks Inc., a software company headquartered in Cary, NC.
Heather has been recognized as a Top Lawyer by Triangle Business Leader, Legal Elite by Business North Carolina, a Rising Star by Benchmark Litigation and has been selected to the 2016 and 2017 North Carolina Super Lawyers lists.
- Representation of mortgage lenders, insurers, and servicers; consumer lenders; and banks and other financial services companies in actions involving claims arising under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), state unfair or deceptive trade practices acts, and predatory lending and usury statutes as well as internal and government investigations.
- Representation of pharmaceutical companies and food and drink manufacturers in cases involving allegations of bid rigging.
- Representation of a national manufacturing company in a price-fixing and market allocation antitrust class action multidistrict litigation.
- Representation of a national mortgage lender in a false advertising class action.
- Representation of a Fortune 50 technology company in a series of consumer class actions alleging violation of various state unfair or deceptive trade practices acts arising out of sales of consumer electronic products.