Heather Asher is a senior associate in the Bankruptcy, Workouts & Reorganization Group. She maintains a diverse practice in the bankruptcy and restructuring arena, representing Chapter 11 debtors, trustees, secured lenders and unsecured creditors. Ms. Asher has served as counsel to both secured lenders and debtors in the sale of substantially all of the estate assets and also represented trustees in investigating assets of the estate.
- Represented affiliated Chapter 11 debtors in the Northern District of Georgia with debt exceeding $150 million, including closing the sale of all of the debtors’ domestic and foreign assets.
- Represents a Chapter 7 trustee in case pending in the Northern District of Georgia involving the investigation of the assets and transfers of the principal, who is under criminal indictment for fraud and subject to a $43 million civil judgment.
- Represented various creditors and counterparties with multimillion-dollar exposure in the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy case pending in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a secured lender with $200 million debt in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of affiliated debtors before the Southern District of Texas, including closing the sale of substantially all of the debtors’ assets.
- Vice-Chair, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Bankruptcy Section Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Bankruptcy Section Member, Atlanta Bar Association