Patrick Hayden is a partner in the Global Finance & Debt Products Group. His practice focuses on mortgage-backed and asset-backed securitization, and he has represented global financial institutions as indenture trustee in negotiating and closing hundreds of CDO transactions, including CLOs, commercial real estate CDOs and synthetic CDOs. He currently represents indenture trustees in connection with the administration of CDO transactions and has extensive experience with questions and disputes regarding deal structures and mechanics. Over the course of the last year, Patrick has been involved in the liquidation of more than 20 defaulted CDO transactions, advising the indenture trustee on the disposition of collateral, the termination of related derivatives transactions and the distribution of proceeds.
Patrick received his J.D. in 1994 from Columbia Law School, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. He received his B.A., with honors, in Latin American studies from The University of North Carolina, where he was a Morehead Scholar. Patrick is admitted to practice in North Carolina and New York. He is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of structured finance.
- Represented major financial institutions as trustee in closing numerous public and private mortgage-backed securitizations, asset-backed securitizations and collateralized debt obligations.
- Represented major financial institutions as issuing and paying agent in closing numerous transactions involving the issuance of commercial paper.
- Represented a major financial institution as trustee in an interpleader action involving a dispute over the proper application of proceeds following the occurrence of a default and the acceleration of the securities in a $1.4 billion CDO transaction.
- Represented a major financial institution as trustee in the liquidation of a $375 million synthetic CDO transaction.
- Represented a major financial institution as trustee in connection with a dispute between investors and a swap counterparty in a $350 million CDO transaction.
- Represented a major financial institution as trustee in connection with the exposure of a CDO transaction to a bankrupt Lehman Brothers affiliate pursuant to a credit default swap.
One hundred and forty-seven Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. The publication is universally regarded as among the few definitive guides to legal excellence, and its rankings are based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas.
September 18, 2012
In the Press
August 30, 2010
In the Press