Mark Ray is co-chair of the firm’s Health Care Group, which includes teams of corporate, FDA, health policy and health care compliance lawyers. He concentrates his practice primarily on complex public and private company mergers and acquisitions, and corporate financing transactions for clients in the health care sector.
While Mr. Ray is an experienced corporate transactional lawyer, he has developed additional expertise in the unique laws, regulations, risks and market pressures affecting health care companies. In particular, he is experienced in structuring public and private transactions and joint ventures to comply with the Federal Stark II law, the anti-kickback laws, Federal and state licensure requirements and the corporate practice of medicine doctrine. When representing medical device and pharmaceutical companies, he applies an understanding of the intersection of FDA regulation, IP law and health care regulatory issues affecting these companies. In addition to his transactional practice, Mr. Ray also advises clients on a broad range of legal issues, such as formation, securities law compliance, corporate governance and fiduciary duties.
- Counsel to a health care services company in its 144A offering of indentures and a subsequent exchange offer.
- Counsel to a specialty pharmaceutical company in its successful initial public offering and follow-on public offerings.
- Counsel to a health care services and consulting company in its sale of a majority interest to a private equity firm.
- Counsel to a private equity firm in its investment in an orthopedic medical device company.
- Counsel to a specialty pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of an established and well-known family of products and brand.