Jamie Hutchinson is the firm’s Chief Administrative Partner and the partner-in-charge of the New York office. As Chief Administrative Partner, Jamie is responsible for the firm’s finance, business development, information technology, human resources and administrative functions, and assists the managing partner and governing Partners’ Committee with strategic direction and lateral partner acquisitions.
Jamie is a member of the firm's Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group, having practiced in the benefits and compensation area since joining Alston & Bird in 1979. He is a Fellow of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel and a member of the Board of Directors of British American Business, Inc.
- Along with Alston & Bird partner Philip Cook, Jamie served as designated pension counsel for Delta Air Lines in all employee benefit matters involved in Delta’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Creation of a unique “rabbi” trust involving security in the form of a $50 million warrant to issue employer stock.
- Advising a public company's board and pension committee on ERISA investment roles and duties for a $1 billion pension fund.
- Merging 14 tax-qualified, defined benefit pension plans covering 20,000 participants into an integrated structure.
- Fellow of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel